Here today...gone tomorrow!!

This is a recent addition to my gallery of abandoned homes. I just discovered it and was told that it was over this last winter that the wall and roof collapsed. I'm sure it won't be long before the rest of it gets sifted into the sands of time.

large.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

awesome shot...any hints how you did that? How do you change out the sky with all those branches in the picture?

Sic1,

Thanks very much for your compliment...very much appreciated. Below is a link that will take you to a brief discussion on sky replacement. Sometimes replacing a sky can be difficult, depending on the foreground (as in this shot) and the exposure etc. It is sometimes difficult to find a sky that suits the lighting in the photo. I worked on one today and was unable to find satisfaction with any sky shot I tried.
I hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions and I'll try to help!!:smile:

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=96558

Last edited by a moderator:
wow i didnt realize that was you that wrote sky replacement post...i have had it saved to my favorites from months ago... tried it once fudged it up..... you really have it mastered to work around so many obstacles like those branches.
HMM i tried again i selected area i want cut out best i can ...open image i want copy it to clipboard then switch back to original pic...hit paste into and it just deselected the selected area's instead of pasteing the new "sky" into the selected area? Now when i inverse selction i can cut out the subject and paste it onto the background...does this work towards the same effect?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Robert

This is GREAT - love the mood to the image and you have done a good job with the sky - excellent.

This ia a wallhanger!!!

Best wishes

Ray

wow i didnt realize that was you that wrote sky replacement post...i have had it saved to my favorites from months ago... tried it once fudged it up..... you really have it mastered to work around so many obstacles like those branches.
HMM i tried again i selected area i want cut out best i can ...open image i want copy it to clipboard then switch back to original pic...hit paste into and it just deselected the selected area's instead of pasteing the new "sky" into the selected area? Now when i inverse selction i can cut out the subject and paste it onto the background...does this work towards the same effect?

I'm not sure if what you tried will work....:confused: When you select your original image are you simply clicking on it or selecting from the drop-down? Your sky replacement shot should still be open and all of it still selected. Are you using CS2? I'm short on time right now, but will check back later and you'll be replacing the sky no problem.:smile:

Ray,

As soon as I get my new pirnter up and running I will see how it prints up.
Thanks for your compliments. :smile:

=========================================================

Harry,

I would like to do some night shots at this derelict, using timed exposure and paint with light using a flashlight. That would surely spook it up even more!!!:Shocked:
======================================================

Sandi,

I'm pleased to know you like this one. Thanks very much for your compliments!!:smile:

======================================================

Dave,

You've put a big smile on my face....thanx...really appreciated!!!:biggrin:

=====================================================

Gale,

Thank you for your kind words!! I've been unable to spend as much time on the forums and with my camera as I want, but I think I can be more active now...unless life keeps intruding!!!:rolleyes:

Robert,

Awesome find! Fantastic pic too...and well done treatment. You have really given this abandoned house a lonely feeling to it.

Fred,

It was by chance that I found this wreck. I was on the side of the road shooting another scene when a car stopped and I was approached by a man wanting to know all about my gear and why I was shooting a particular site etc etc. He told me about this disintegrating house. I almost passed on shooting it because it was out of my way, but turned around and found it to be worthwhile.
Thanks for your compliments...very much appreciated!!! :smile:

Hi Melissa,

Sorry for this late reply!! Thanks very much for your compliment! It's always great to hear from you!:smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom