Here we go...

Can’t wait to get started.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Bill Mellen
Morty, I hope you enjoy it as much as I used to. I gave away the last of my darkroom gear around 10 years ago. For many years I spent a lot of time processing film and printing the pictures. I started when I was about 10 or 11 years old making contact prints.

Morty, I hope you enjoy it as much as I used to. I gave away the last of my darkroom gear around 10 years ago. For many years I spent a lot of time processing film and printing the pictures. I started when I was about 10 or 11 years old making contact prints.
Many thanks,

At this stage I am going to concentrate on developing the film. I will then scan them and print them fromthe scans.
I don't have enought space to do the printing from analogue.
That still should be fun.

Wow, bringing back memories.
I actually got into photography because of the darkroom. The art department at my college asked the chem department for help pushing film. They sent me, probably thought they were sending Mr Bean.
I got to experiment, talked to kodak chemists and we were successful in pushing triX film over 5 stops without grain the size of boulders. This was in the early 70's. I fell in love with the darkroom, and the chemistry.
I wanted to develop my own images, so I had to get a camera.
I still shoot 50years later. It is not lost to me, if I was in college today- I would never been exposed to photography, as the chemistry is no longer needed.
Glad you are trying something new. Enjoy the journey.
Gary

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom