Here's one from the Getty

Some of you DPR guys may remember this one... This was one of the first imagess where I did the post processing myself. I took this image to prove to a friend that I could use the Nikkor 12-24 at 12mm and still get straight lines. They are not perfect, but straight enough to win the bet...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Paul,
I have not tried the 12-24 on my D2X yet, work has had me stuck in the studio since early Feb.

But on my D100 I've used it quite a bit. Here's my take:

Sharpness: edge to edge @f/8 or f/10 it's the sharpest lens I've used in this focal range. In my opinion its better than the 18 f/2.8 and 24 f/2.8 at any apeture they share.

CA: is noticable at 12mm, but not so much that it ruins photo (or cannot be easily corrected in PS)

Vignetting: Even my slimmest filters will vingette at 12mm

As far as architecture goes, you have to be very careful with the lens in order to keep lines from becoming distorted. I used the "auto gridlines" in the D100 to help me keep things straight, I assume I could do the same with the "type e" screen in the D2X and get good results (probably better since my D2X seems to do everything better than my D100).

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom