Here's one from the Getty

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by rsimms, Jun 14, 2005.

1. rsimms

rsimms

Apr 30, 2005
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Some of you DPR guys may remember this one... This was one of the first imagess where I did the post processing myself. I took this image to prove to a friend that I could use the Nikkor 12-24 at 12mm and still get straight lines. They are not perfect, but straight enough to win the bet...

[​IMG]

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. rsimms

rsimms

Apr 30, 2005
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Hi Paul,
    I have not tried the 12-24 on my D2X yet, work has had me stuck in the studio since early Feb.

But on my D100 I've used it quite a bit. Here's my take:

Sharpness: edge to edge @f/8 or f/10 it's the sharpest lens I've used in this focal range. In my opinion its better than the 18 f/2.8 and 24 f/2.8 at any apeture they share.

CA: is noticable at 12mm, but not so much that it ruins photo (or cannot be easily corrected in PS)

Vignetting: Even my slimmest filters will vingette at 12mm

As far as architecture goes, you have to be very careful with the lens in order to keep lines from becoming distorted. I used the "auto gridlines" in the D100 to help me keep things straight, I assume I could do the same with the "type e" screen in the D2X and get good results (probably better since my D2X seems to do everything better than my D100).

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;