Here's to you Connie!!

Discussion in 'Annual Alabama Sessions' started by Frits, Apr 5, 2007.

1. OK, my last picture post of the Get Together (image also posted in the 200 VR thread).

I think that I can safely say that the highlight for most was to meet fellow Café members and socialize. What a great time we had.
    Lots of fun shooting at the outings, but we also spent very pleasant times either sitting around a bit in the hotel lobby, at the restaurants or going for a quick beer.
    After all of this, I'd like to close with a mention directed at Connie ("ClickPix").
    What a gal! You cannot imagine a more pleasant and cheerful person. Always smiling, always engaged in lively discussion and she was always there shooting LOTS at all the outings - including both early morning outings.
    Oh, and does she ever have all the Toys - WOW!
    I find that this single image is a perfect illustration of our Connie.

Here's to you Connie!!

D2x, Nikkor Ai-S 105mm f/2.5
    original.

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Yep! That's our Connie! She's a special friend to the Cafe', that is for sure!

3. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Great shot of a special Lady.

4. I could not agree more, Frits. Connie is a wonderful person and a lot of fun to hang out with. After several of you wimped out of the campfire after dinner, Connie and I went up. She was kind enough to bear with me on the way down, as I took her on my version of the “J. Peterman Reality Tour (Sienfield)” of Huntsville…meaning we went past the places where I grew up while I told half-true stories!

5. THAT..... is a real lens.

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey, I've known you quite a while now, Mason...And I still haven't heard these stories!:Wink:

7. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Were they half truths or half lies.:eek:

8. I would like to hear the other half.

9. Ummm, I thought we were honoring Connie, here :wink:

10. Great photo Frits, you captured the "essence of Connie". Great to meet her f2f.

11. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    Frits, this is a great shot of Connie ....... this could be her new avatar.

12. Connie is definitely one of the kindest, sweetest, most thoughtful people I've ever met! Thanks To Connie, I was able to buy 2 lenses that she alerted me to, not to mention the money she helped me save! That's FRIENDSHIP! I think that beautiful photo needs to be hung up on a big wall!

13. I have to add my 2 cents about Connie....I adore her! Connie is the person who greets everyone with a smile and a kind word, she's generous and caring and such a great lady to know!

14. Oh, now I am blushing as red as my hair....

Aw, shucks...... :digs toe into ground, bashful:

Thanks, you guys!

Hey, that IS a terrific photo, Frits, and I think I will snatch it for my avatar! :smile:

In case anyone is wondering, I have finally uploaded all nine CF cards and one SD card into the computer and am ready to tackle the challenge of picking out the best shots and sharing them here....

15. Please feel free to.
    If you want a nice full-res print of it, just say so. I'll send one to you :smile: .

16. Love this one, Frits. It really captures Connie's effervescent personality.

17. Ditto, wonderful shot Frits. The shot and attitude just defines the group. I am happy to hang out with you all.

18. That would be great, Frits!! Thank you! :smile:

19. PM sent, my friend!