Here's why I got my D2X

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by pbenedic, Mar 12, 2005.

1. pbenedic

pbenedic

Mar 9, 2005
    While I appreciate all the wonderful, wonderful artistic photos I see here (and all the great advice), this is pretty much what my subject matter is currently limited to. I think this is pretty hilarious, but it's just a morning in my house.
    I DID try out RawEssentials to convert, and (until I get my ACR back) I will continue to use it, because it is INFINITELY faster than NC.
    I will continue to READ DPR (can be a source of good info), but I will never POST there again. People in that place are downright NASTY, and often with no justification. I especially like the people who scoff at me because I own a D2X and am not a "pro", and don't post perfect photos every time.
    Thanks, everyone here for being nice.

original.

2. Hi Pat

I'm getting the dreaded red x instead of your photo...

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    repost pic

Lets see if this works Pat.

Seemed to.

Gale

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Ok pic shows up at the moment. I think this post with "original" is not always so.

Anyway...Great shot and colors on this image. Good Job.

who cares why you got a D2X, if you can afford it and you enjoy it, that is all that counts.

By the way....Rawshooter is NOT FREE...They are in bed with corel.. It is a trial.

Pretty sleezy advertising in my opinion, it was announced at the last show. The hitch...Download is FREE. Not the prog.

Cheers
    Gale

(i would love one)

5. Nice shot Patrick!

And here you wont get lambasted for your choice of camera or subjects.

I like this shot, and you got the sharpening just right I think!

6. pbenedic

pbenedic

Mar 9, 2005
    Thanks, but....

why did my link not work? You DO have to place .jpg after it, correct?
    Someone said that the "original" version is NOT the one to link to, is this correct?

7. This is what you ned to do here

1. Put .jpg after the file link
    2. Highlight the whole link
    3. Push the little button to the rightt above the text input window named "Img"
    4. Click preview to make sure it works

So it is a a little different then Dpreview

let me know if you need more help

andreas

8. LOL!! I love pictures of children!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Great shot!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Pat,

Seems everyone does it different.

The max size for the forum is 960 on the long end.

When you have your copy from the host. Choose the post filehere.jpg then choose close tags

Thats all there is to it as far as I know. The original image thing doesnt work that great I dont think.

I think my DSL Firewall makes me get red X on all sights most of the time. Not always, but most of the time.

I would guess you did it right. I just copied your url and traced it back to the pic.

Does that help at all.

Cheers
    gale

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Pat,

I'm with the others here. If Nikon (or any other camera company) only sold to pros, they would go out of business. Why some jerks think that they should have any say whatsoever in the type of cam someone gets is beyond me.

I guess the next thing will be to criticize amateur fishermen for buying $20K bass boats. I'd like to see that scenario in a face-to-face encounter.... :lol: :lol:

Like I told Steve, if you can afford it, more power to you. ;-)

Enjoy :!: :!:

Frank