Heron Flip

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hillrg, Aug 8, 2005.

1. I was hoping to join the flip club yesterday, as I was close to a heron that was gobbling up fish. Unfortunately this guy's technique was to put his head back and let the fish slide down - no flip!

D2X 500/4 TC14EII 1/200s f/8 ISO 100.

Here he goes...

This is just before the slide commenced...

View attachment 13422

The white at the top of the photo is the reflection of a swan that was also observing the heron's technique :lol:

2. I bet the fish flipped out though? Sorry for the bad joke, nice shots!....

3. He was lucky enough to have it facing the right direction nice captures Rory hoping to find some next week while I am on vacation

4. Good luck Mike!

5. Thanks Andreas. Congrats again on your excellent Cedar Waxwings. Do they come by at a predictable time - I'd love to get a crack at them...

6. It is an exclusive club that has many levels.

herons/egrets, though some think this level should be split:

original.

spoonbills:
    original.

and my personal favorite, Cranes (oops, I think so far I'm the only one in this level 8) )
    original.

This is an illustrious group of folks from all over, and I am sure that you will soon be a member if you keep up the good work.

Look forward to having you join us..... :wink:

7. Gee whiz - I had no idea - i have my work cut out for me. Awesome series Harris.

8. Rory, I have ultimate confidence in your abilities to match the task at hand. Just fire away, and we'll see some flips from you soon....