1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Heron rides off into the Sunset

Discussion in 'Birds' started by tech1961, Jul 22, 2007.

1. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    872895249_57a71fd44c_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Showing the Artistic side are you Jimmy?:eek: 

Nicely put together

3. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    LOL. Hey it's a bird.

4. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal

And a great shot

5. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Thanks Robert

6. Reminds me a little of "The Pillars of Creation"!

Great shot.

7. Great shot!!!! Perfect positioning of the bird.

8. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Hey Jimmy -

This is a gorgeous, surreal image. It has to be a composite of two or three separate images, right? (That's not a bad thing, although if it is a composite I think it should be noted.) If it isn't a composite, you are a superb photographer with an incredible amount of luck, and I would really appreciate it if you would tell me the winning PowerBall number for this Wednesday. LOL. If it is a composite well, then you are only a superb photographer.

Gordon

9. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Lucky I guess

I guess it is an incredible amount of luck. This is only one photograph. I was actually playing around and shooting the clouds and sunset when this guy took off in front of me and I followed him in the view finder until he reached this point and viola. Here are a couple of just the Sunset and clouds I was doing.

Taken about 20 minutes before sunset

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.