Heron v Bunny...!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Richard Peters, Oct 1, 2008.

1. PhotogWannabe

PhotogWannabe

Mar 19, 2007
    BC
    Oh my gosh!! That is too much.

2. rocketliv

rocketliv Guest

poor bunny! That made me sad!

3. nancyr

nancyr

Feb 14, 2006
    La Jolla, CA
    Awww... poor thing. But they'll make more.

My cats used to catch the little local bunnies when I lived on the rural outskirts of San Diego county (Vista). Once it was in my bedroom at 3 am.:rolleyes:

4. Wow. 20 bucks says that Heron is going to have some serious heartburn after a meal like that.

5. Wow, impressive! And here I used to think those big ol' birds ate only fish. Someone posted a comment here about them also eating little ducklings and gophers!! :eek: Poor bunny, but then again, poor little lamb - I had lambchops for dinner.

6. That was amazing, I was betting on the rabbit, have seen two videos of them running BIG snakes, and one of them attacking and killing crows!!!

7. Like Tom I was also betting on the rabbit. In the far north we have arctic hare that don't burrow but live in nests. Unlike rabbits they are born with fur and open eyed. Their main diet is willows but they will eat meat when food is scarce. That's one tough rabbit, make that hare you don't want to mess with.........

Cheers

Ted:smile:

8. morcguy

morcguy

Dec 29, 2006
    Minnesota
    There were some shots here a while back of a heron eating a pigeon. I think they will eat most anything they can catch.

9. Was hoping for a Python-ish "That rabbit's dynamite! Look at the bones!" :frown:

10. the aftermath ...
    2533210772_1a3a9c20c9.png