Heron Withdrawal

Discussion in 'Birds' started by goodrich62, Sep 23, 2005.

1. I have found a few places to shoot here in the Long Island Sound area but have seen few herons except at long distance.
    This guy was the only one close enough to get but the lighting was real bad
    Juvi Yelleow Crowned Night heron, I think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking
    Rich

2. bfjr

bfjr Guest

these are good Rich considering the conditions you had to deal with
    their a skittish bunch those NH's but great eyes and subjects !!

Give us all you can get you know there one of HarryB's favorite birds :biggrin: :Angry: :biggrin:

One tip this kind of light conditions begs for a flash if you have one next time would be good oppurtunity to try. I got a couple I may post later, same kind of condition but used flashed, think it did wonders, we'll see :confused: :wink:

3. Thanks for the tip and feedback Ben always welcome. I do not know how much a flash would help. I use flash sometime for fill outdoors but this guy was a good 50 to 75 feet away at 400 mm it did not think it would do any good. This is a fairly large crop at almost 100%
    I have only been at this about year and still have MUCH to learn. It is daunting at times but then I remember a year ago I did not know a heron from an egret or a sea gull from a pideon and I thought a Megapixel was a really big pixel which I figured was some kind of french pixie the "Pix-L" :biggrin:
    Night Heron are one of my favorites too, I think it is the eyes. I will post more.

Rich

4. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Excellent shots Rich.

5. Thanks Harry means a lot from you your shota are alway excelent :smile:

Rich