Herons at the Dam

Discussion in 'Birds' started by PGB, May 29, 2005.

1. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Myself and fellow cafe members Greg and cknight went to the Guntersville Dam on Saturday to see if we could capture any heron shots.

Without the cafe I would have never had known about this place nor would I have made the friendships that I have made. What a great bunch of people!

Now, on with the pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wow! These are great, Patrick. How lucky to get the ones with the fish in its mouth, too! I like the last one the best!

3. These are amazing, Patrick!!! These birds certainly cooperated with you! Or did you just pay the same bird to fly back and forth?? *LOL* Agree with Kevin: that fish in mouth shot is great - esp with the open mouth on the fish!

4. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

wow... Very cool photos

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Super Patrick, just Super. Great job.

Got my first GBH with fish yesterday. :>)))

Thank you for sharing.

Flew is here safe and sound. Called me about 6:30 PM Florida time :>))
    :>)))))))

6. Simply outstanding Patrick, some of your best work to date, that I have seen, looks like and incredible place to shoot. As Frank drive 12 hours you shoot the birds he is after...how ironic!

7. Nice shots Patrick!! The GBH's definitely keep the fish population down, don't they!! :D :D :D

8. Patrick,

These are all great, but like Kevin I like the last one the best. Its really neat to see them with their catch - that location looks like a reall winner.

9. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Those came out well Patrick. I'm processing mine now and hope to have them up tomorrow.

10. Great job, Patrick! I enjoyed your GBH photos. They are exquisite! What camera and lens did you use?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

11. Patrick:

Just great!!!

Gil

12. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Very good ones Patrick. Told ya that was the good spot! I'm all for going back again. I think I'll try about half way between where you were at and the dam.

Folks, we counted over 35 GBH's within sight. If you are going through Huntsville or Guntersville PM me and I'll get you the details of how to get there, the best times, and where to shoot.

13. Wow Patrick, great shots. Frank will be jealous. Sorry you cant make this trip, hopefully the next one.

BTW - got my stuff for my laptop. Thanks.

14. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Thanks a lot Mike and thanks to everyone for the nice comments. I really had a lot of fun. I look forward to going back again soon.

I think I'll post a few more tonight to make Frank jealous before he starts posting Ospreys. :)

Cheers,

15. Patrick, not sure how I missed these, but W O W, beautifully done, looks like you had a ton of fun!!!!

16. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Wow, Patrick! Beautiful shots! Looks like you were able to get rather close to them for these shots. Great captures with the fish!

17. Patrick,

I am impressed, looks like an airport for herons - excellent pictures.

Thanks for sharing.

18. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Patrick,

You were right, these are great!! I can't wait to get back over there and try my hand in some decent light.

Got a ton of pics at Merritt. It will be weeks before I get done going through them. Will post some soon. I'm working on my PS CS action right now. Trying to fine tune it a little before digging into the Merritt shots.

19. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Great job, Patrick. You folks really know how to track 'em for sure. NICE pics. :) :) :)
    Jerry Snider

20. This is an amazing series - great shots, one after the other. Them birds are some raptors!
    What lens was this shot with ?