Herons at the Dam

PGB

Myself and fellow cafe members Greg and cknight went to the Guntersville Dam on Saturday to see if we could capture any heron shots.

Without the cafe I would have never had known about this place nor would I have made the friendships that I have made. What a great bunch of people!

Now, on with the pics!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

These are amazing, Patrick!!! These birds certainly cooperated with you! Or did you just pay the same bird to fly back and forth?? *LOL* Agree with Kevin: that fish in mouth shot is great - esp with the open mouth on the fish!

Super Patrick, just Super. Great job.

Got my first GBH with fish yesterday. :>)))

Thank you for sharing.

Flew is here safe and sound. Called me about 6:30 PM Florida time :>))
:>)))))))

Simply outstanding Patrick, some of your best work to date, that I have seen, looks like and incredible place to shoot. As Frank drive 12 hours you shoot the birds he is after...how ironic!

Patrick,

These are all great, but like Kevin I like the last one the best. Its really neat to see them with their catch - that location looks like a reall winner.

Very good ones Patrick. Told ya that was the good spot! I'm all for going back again. I think I'll try about half way between where you were at and the dam.

Folks, we counted over 35 GBH's within sight. If you are going through Huntsville or Guntersville PM me and I'll get you the details of how to get there, the best times, and where to shoot.

Wow Patrick, great shots. Frank will be jealous. Sorry you cant make this trip, hopefully the next one.

BTW - got my stuff for my laptop. Thanks.

PGB

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
mike mac said:
Simply outstanding Patrick, some of your best work to date, that I have seen, looks like and incredible place to shoot. As Frank drive 12 hours you shoot the birds he is after...how ironic!
Thanks a lot Mike and thanks to everyone for the nice comments. I really had a lot of fun. I look forward to going back again soon.

I think I'll post a few more tonight to make Frank jealous before he starts posting Ospreys. :)

Cheers,

Wow, Patrick! Beautiful shots! Looks like you were able to get rather close to them for these shots. Great captures with the fish!

H

Harrie Gerrits

Patrick,

I am impressed, looks like an airport for herons - excellent pictures.

Thanks for sharing.

Patrick,

You were right, these are great!! I can't wait to get back over there and try my hand in some decent light.

Got a ton of pics at Merritt. It will be weeks before I get done going through them. Will post some soon. I'm working on my PS CS action right now. Trying to fine tune it a little before digging into the Merritt shots.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom