Herrons at the dam - Rich

In my other thread I mentioned being deserted by the gang and left to my own devices. I shot three hundred images most of which were culls. I had to really baby the Bigma to get satisfactory shots. Here are the ones which are least blurry. Fortunately at one point the herron must have sensed my frustration so he came up to about 100 feet and lighted on a bouy. He stayed for about thirty seconds striking various casual poses and then left. At least I got one good shot!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I couldn't let myself crop this one too much; the bird is so gorgeous in flight!

Rich

Flight shots take a ton of practice Rich :>))
Don't ask how many I throw away.
You did good.
Few really nice ones there

Rich you are not alone, buddy! I practice and practice, and still more practice and wonder if I'll ever get it right! Nice job for a first time trial! Keep it up, you'll only get better!

GBH are beautiful birds, aren't they? At times I found myself just watching them through the viewfinder and forgetting to actually press the shutter button! LOVE their gracefulness as they are flying!

I haven't yet gotten to my images from the Dam; I am not optimistic that I did too well, as I just am not that experienced at capturing BIF and the lighting was poor that day, to say the least....

These are very nice, Rich!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom