He's here! He's here!!!

Sold my 80-200/2.8 a few months ago for the 70-200/2.8VR. Received it last Friday. Ouch... seems like the fast and the furious. I wonder what this "thing" can do with a d2h or "something else" because on my d100 it's already fast.
First impression seems to indicate that the battery consumption is something to follow up.
Took the lens and the rest of the gear this week-end to a badminton tournament and quite some people were in aw: wauw, what a lens and how big...
"Thanks" to you boys and girls, now saving for "the beast" and a new body.
I hate you :twisted:

jamesjoyce said:
Sold my 80-200/2.8 a few months ago for the 70-200/2.8VR. Received it last Friday. Ouch... seems like the fast and the furious. I wonder what this "thing" can do with a d2h or "something else" because on my d100 it's already fast.
First impression seems to indicate that the battery consumption is something to follow up.
Took the lens and the rest of the gear this week-end to a badminton tournament and quite some people were in aw: wauw, what a lens and how big...
"Thanks" to you boys and girls, now saving for "the beast" and a new body.
I hate you :twisted:
Rudy, I supose you had the non AF-S 80-200 f/2.8...
The 70-200 really attracts all the attention, I believe it to be the best "woman-trap" next to a 4 years old child and a puppy ;-)

and please ... don't hate us... :cry: ... :lol:

Hi Rudy,

Congratulations on receiving your 70-200mm f/2.8 VR. It is a wonderful lens and, as you have found, is incredibly responsive. I enjoy mine very, very much....

An image taken at Wrigley Field with the Chicago Cubs hosting the Milwaukee Brewers...I was using it on my D2H....

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Have a ball with your lens, Rudy!!!

I love the 70-200VR as well, here is a sequence from a SI Yankees game, while stealing second Felipe Garcia (#52-DH in the camo jersey) takes out the 2Bman with a strong slide, causing him to miss the throw and allowing Garcia to motor on to 3rd.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom