1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hey, Donzo98

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by GonzoBernelli, Jul 17, 2008.

1. You had a brightscreen installed in your D3 a while back and i"ve just revisited the topic. What is your take on it? Does it cause any interference with AF? What about spot-metering? Which specific version did you get just diagonal split screen or that with microprisms? Which of the two do you find you are using? What gridlines?
    TIA

2. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    Hey Nick...

Just saw your post.

Very timely in fact... :biggrin: I bought the diagonal split screen with rule of third gridlines. It is awesome!! I just bought a Zeiss 100mm F2 manual focus lens and it is a major help when focusing... really major.

When the diagonal split comes together perfectly the green focus confirmation dot cames on... and bingo in focus.:biggrin: Shooting potraits of my kids at F2 is no easy task... but the brightscreen makes it much easier.

I just sent my D2XS to Katz Eye to have one of their screens put in the XS too.

Check these out... focus on the eyes in both. This was the first day I got the Zeiss (and I am not a manual focus guy :wink:) .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. I ordered one - horizontal split w/surrounding microprisms, 1/3rds, D3. If I like it, I'll get another for the D300

4. jimeast

jimeast

Mar 17, 2008
    Metrowest. MA
    D3 & Brightscreen

In the standard focus screen delivered with the D3, their is a nice border for the extents of the focus points. I am curious if you find yourself overshooting the placement of focus point and fiddling with focus point locations more than you would with the standard focus screen.

I planned on getting a Brightscreen when I purchased my first manual lens earlier this year, but I decided to get more fluid with the camera first. Your feedback on this would be appreciated.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.