Hey Everybody...IT'S A BOY!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff Mims, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    At approximately 1:00 AM, Dec 17, 2005, yours truly has become the proud grandfather of healthy little boy. Because of complications with the pregnancy, (she had toxemia pretty bad), the doctor wanted to get my daughter to 8 months and the baby to five pounds.
    He looks really good, his color is so healthy for a newborn, and especially for one born at 8 months.
    My daughter and her son, are doing just great!!!! The proud Grandfather is on cloud nine.
    This boy doesn't stand a chance....of not being spoiled by his grandparents. :biggrin:

2. Great news, Jeff, and congratulations!!

A December baby. Speaking from experience, he will be a very intelligent boy.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    That's great news Jeff. Congratulations!! :smile:

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. espn

espn

Dec 11, 2005
    Singapore
    That's great!!! Congratulations Jeff!!!

Psssst... thanks for letting us know how old you are.

6. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Congratulations, Jeff! This is a wonderful thing to happen. Try to get him into photography early on, so you can share your LLD :smile: .

7. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    Congratulations Jeff, enjoy your first Christmas with the new addition to the family

8. Congratulations! Glad everyone's OK.

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wooohooo there Grandpa :>))

Glad all are ok.
    Merry Christmas

10. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Congrats on the new grandchild...Can't wait to see pictures!

Merry Christmas to you and your family....enjoy the new addition!!!!

11. Congratulations...Grandpa....life is such a precious commodity....treasure it...the joy that new life brings is beyond value....priceless...

12. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Congratulations

Speaking from experience (I have a 9 month old grandson), you will love him more and more every day. I haven't seen my little guy for three weeks and I miss him so much!!!

Is this your first? Believe me, you'll take a lot of photos!!! Please share them with us.

13. What a Merry Christmas will be for you and your family Jeff!!!

Congratz!!!!!!

14. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Congratulations Jeff. Grandkids are a lot of fun. Now lets see, New Grandson and New D2X. What a combination! This is really shaping up as a great Christmas for you.

15. Can only repeat what eveyone else has already said! I'm very happy for you to have such a special gift just before Christmas!! And spoil that lil guy rotten. I can't wait till my kids have children as I'm keeping tabs of all they've done. It's a parent's way of repaying the favor of raising a teen, right? :wink:

Enjoy the holidays as I'm sure you will! And post some shots of the newest member of your family!

16. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Congratulations

As the proud grandfather of 19, I understand very well your happiness and enthusiasm. Congratulation and best wishes to you and your daughter.

17. Jeff...Congratulations on the little one. I know you must be so proud of the little guy...Remember you can spoil him, you are the grandfather and you right:biggrin:

By the way, what is the little ones name???

18. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks.
    Yes, it's the first. He and his mother are in a hospital, about 2 hours away. I drove home last night, and already miss him.
    I took a few photos (from a distance, be careful not to flash his eyes ) early this morning. I'm about to crash, I'm really exhausted. Going to try to get a little sleep, before he comes home. Should be Monday. (48 hours standard)

19. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks everyone. It will be a few days before I post any photos..I'm about ready to crash now. My daughter and her son will be home ..probably Monday. Standard 48 hours, after delivery. As of 10:00 am this morning, Mom and baby are doing fine, though Mom is very tired. (of course..)

Melissa....sorry I forgot to post his name.

She named him "Dawson Scott". Didn't really matter to me. It was love at first sight for me. I already miss him terribly.

Nothing can replace the moment when I saw my daughter after delivery. She had tears in her eyes, and was saying..."my baby..my baby" as she held him in her arms. She was _so happy_ ! And I was too! Truly, there are some things money can't buy.
    This was worth more than a truck load of D2xs..(and D200s)!

Thanks again everyone, now I'm going to go get some sleep.:smile:

20. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi

I was really excited about my D2x, but when I saw my grandson....
    Not to go on and on, but it's true there are some things that money just can't buy! I could have never have bought, what I saw early this morning.

But don't worry the D2x won't be neglected...when my grandson gets a little older, the D2x will really get a lot of work.:biggrin: