Hey Get Out of Here!!!!!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by helmet155, Dec 21, 2005.

1. I was too close to this guy!

[​IMG]

2. How close were you...What lens did you use to get close?

3. I had a 200-400mm VR! I didn't think I was that close but he was getting mad!

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great capture.

heehee he'll get over it :>))))

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    What happened didn't you wear deodorant today ....lolol

look at his nose and look. hahahahahahaaaaa

Another great shot....

6. Humm, sounds like you broke down and rented the lens for the cormorant shooting that day?

7. Nice shots and yes you were close.

8. Eric, yes I rented the 200-400mm. It was good for me to rent the lens as I was curious to get a lens or a body and now I have more information to make that decision...the weather wasn't too cooperative but whatever that's the way it goes...

Gale thanks for looking in, all of the seals had the white goo in their nostrils, pretty disgusting actually!

9. What is your opinion of the lens now you used it for several days? How did it hold up on the ball head you had on your tripod?S

So, guess you smelled pretty bad for those elephant seals eh? :eek:

10. Dude, the lens is one of the best...ever. I didn't use my ballhead I borrowed a fluid video head from work for the weekend and a video tripod, similar to Bjorn's setup in price ($9,000+) and hopefully in function. Carrying that thing around was pretty crummy too I tell ya...

Due to the conditions I was only able to use it for a few hours on Saturday and for an hour Sunday shooting the woodies, but changed over to my Sigma 300/2.8 for the extra stoppies of light.

If you are 2nd guessing your lens choice, don't...you made a great choice - that lens is one of Nikon's top models IMO. You just need some time to get your setup dialed in...

Have you ever read this: http://www.moosepeterson.com/d2x/d2x-settings.html

I'm off work until January 3rd (gotta love the auto industry) and travelling to Virginia tomorrow...I will be back in town 12/27 so I will have a week for doing some photo missions...

11. Never said I was second guessing myself about the lens.. I was just frustration with one day getting superb results and the next getting crap results... Same setup and settings.. i.e. Don't think i did aything different...

Already downloaded and printed those settings from Moose...

I am off to AZ 12/23 and back 1/02...

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Dr,
    Considering the seal..
    You got a pretty clean shot of this one :>))

Hope ya don't mind me kiddin around..lol

13. Gale of course not! I enjoy your comments and sense of humor!