Hey guys I finally wrote a review for the Olympus 75mm 1.8 Lens!

Nicely written Jonathan.

I particularly like the Quinceanera shot - almost every visit to the Arboretum we make there are the young ladies getting their Quinceanera pictures made - it's interesting to note that here in N. Texas the style of the dresses are all very similar to each other (color changes of course) and look like a mix of Southern Bell and Prom dress. Somewhat different than the girls in your shot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice write up and excellent samples.
I agree - a focus limiter would be great.
That's one thing I find lacking on the 75mm that doesn't make it an exact 45mm 1.8 replacement. The 45mm 1.8 can get in close and focus in a snap. The 75mm at further distances focuses quickly, but if you try going in close it will not focus as fast. If it had a limiter, that wouldn't be an issue.

Nicely written Jonathan.

I particularly like the Quinceanera shot - almost every visit to the Arboretum we make there are the young ladies getting their Quinceanera pictures made - it's interesting to note that here in N. Texas the style of the dresses are all very similar to each other (color changes of course) and look like a mix of Southern Bell and Prom dress. Somewhat different than the girls in your shot.
It was funny, I was actually waiting to shoot a celebrity when those kids walked up all dressed up. I just had to shoot it! :smile:

Thanks for the reminder to check your blog and catch up on your latest ramblings. Some great new material, Jonathan. Hey, sorry to hear about your car, but glad you weren't hurt.
My wife tells me I talk her ear off too much, so it's good I have my blog now. At least I have some place to ramble to the world! :tongue::biggrin:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom