1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hey Herman, the map says........

Discussion in 'Birds' started by cajun angel, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Well, I wanted to find some humor! I saw these egrets at the map that details the refuge. Normally, this would be on the side of the road for easy access. Well, right now it's easy access if you're an egret or have a boat! Hagerman is very badly flooded. Ok, technically, I know my photo isn't the greatest, so ya'll laugh!

LOL, notice the egret walking at the far left? :biggrin:
    537941959_311b40275d_b.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. LOL! They must be confused by the flood and lost their way.

3. I think it's a great image! send it to the papers!

Best,

Jose

4. Wouldn't surprise me if they were confused! I couldn't believe how far the flooding went! Definitely funny though! Thanks for stopping by!

LOL, dunno if it's worth the newspapers, but may give it a try! Thanks for stopping by!

5. bfjr

bfjr Guest

I'm laughing :biggrin:
    Hey maybe when the flood waters diminish there may be some good birdie action there ??

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    That's a cute shot and the narration makes it better.:smile:

7. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Flood, what flood, it's like that here every day....

actually cool idea.

8. Thanks Frank! Just wish I could have gotten a bit closer! I wasn't about to walk out into the water - even if the road was under it! I saw birds today that I hadn't seen before - one was a junenile GBH. just don't have any really nice shots! YET!

LOL, we've been getting more rain than usual, BUT at least all the area lakes are filling up. Thanks for stopping in!

Thanks! I can tell ya, on a "normal" day, the birdies are out in number and we have a blast! Hagerman is never the same 2 days in a row. I love going up there! Thanks for stopping in!

9. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Cute image Dianne. I wish we could get some of that rain here. It's hot and dry in my area.

10. Thanks! I was sooo disappointed that I couldn't get out any further! So, I just stood there and tried to get birdies but they were really too far out for my little bazooka jr. Most of our area lakes are now full or above flooding stage. Hagerman Refuge is REALLY FLOODED! In another area, I saw picnic tables out in the middle of the water. Anyway, it was still fun! Thanks for stopping by!

11. Cute and funny shot Dianne, Send some rain here very dry.

12. Thanks Gary! We've been getting enough rain that all the area lakes are filling up or already full and overflowing. Thanks for stopping by! Hope ya'll get some rain soon!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.