Hey, I'm a Paparazzi!

Discussion in 'People' started by Uncle Frank, May 20, 2005.

1. I think Jonathan may be rubbing off on me :shock:.

I was down at the lake, taking snaps of the baby Canada Geese...

... when a group of girls spotted me with my long lens, and started shouting "photo, photo, photo!" Then they jumped into this pose.

View attachment 9142

Afterwards, one of the braver girls decided to give me a special pose.

View attachment 9143

Now I see what it's like to be Jonathan. It's quite a responsibility ;).

2. It's an awesome responsibility Frank but you have proven up to the task. Paparazzi look out a new kid on the block. 8) 8)

3. Nice shots Frank!! :) :)

4. Rob G.

Rob G. Guest

Nice shots Frank.

I sometimes feel like paparazzi too. Especially when I use the long lenses like the 80-400VR. Last time in the Zoo people where gazing at me, almost like i'm an animal paparazzi :)

So Geese and chicks it was? :)

Regards,
    Rob.

5. Umm, are you sure everything was zipped up?

Unfortunately, I did better with the geese than I did with the chicks. I had dialed in -.7ev exposure compensation for the avian shots, and forgot to change it for the girls :cry: :oops:. That's why their pictures aren't up to snuff.

6. Nice.

To be more correct you are a paparazzo. Only one of you(I think).
    We would be paparazzi.

M-W on line:

One entry found for paparazzo.

Main Entry: pa·pa·raz·zo
    Pronunciation: "pä-p&-'rät-(")sO
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural pa·pa·raz·zi /-(")sE/
    Etymology: Italian
    : a free-lance photographer who aggressively pursues celebrities for the purpose of taking candid photographs

7. "a free-lance photographer who aggressively pursues celebrities for the purpose of taking candid photographs"

I like that!

Hey Frank, isn't it funny how random girls love to pose up in front of the camera, despite not knowing where their photo is going to be displayed! If they only knew! hehe....

8. Hey, UF, when the girls we're shouting "photo, photo, photo" I can't help imagining you shouting back "TAKE OFF YOUR CLOTHES" from far away... :D