Hey Michiganders!

I'm In Mason - if ya wanna get together for some photography let me know. I'd love to find a refuge or something. we'll be here until next Sunday - I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
I just missed you, Dianne. I was in Lansing last week, and in St. Joseph, MI, and South Bend, IN right before that.

Can't help you with places to shoot in Lansing/Mason; I know more about the SW Michigan area than anything located inland. If you find you're really bored, and feel like driving, go to Grand Rapids (approx. 60 miles). The Meijer Sculpture Gardens is located there, and it's wonderful.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Uh oh... :eek:

I totally forgot you were there, Wendy!!! I was in St. Joe for three days and left last Saturday afternoon after wandering around the Farmer's Market and sitting on the bench watching the lighthouse. You know that's my favorite area in the world; I love St. Joe!! I was truly sorry to have to leave and the weather was perfect! Oh, btw, loved the animal sculptures on the streets; the one of the Lifeguard Duck across from the Visitor's Center is priceless!!!

I promise the next time I'm in St. Joe; you'll be the first person I contact!!!

Uh oh... :eek:

I totally forgot you were there, Wendy!!! I was in St. Joe for three days and left last Saturday afternoon after wandering around the Farmer's Market and sitting on the bench watching the lighthouse. You know that's my favorite area in the world; I love St. Joe!! I was truly sorry to have to leave and the weather was perfect! Oh, btw, loved the animal sculptures on the streets; the one of the Lifeguard Duck across from the Visitor's Center is priceless!!!

I promise the next time I'm in St. Joe; you'll be the first person I contact!!!

I could have walked right past you without even knowing it! I was downtown a couple times last week for various things. Next time....

Well, Wendy, where are ya? We're in Mason - dunno anything about MI, but what I'm told we're going when we're going.

I am in the southwest corner of the state on Lake Michigan just north of IN. Lansing is about 2hrs northeast of us.

Real Name
Dave Talboys
I'm In Mason - if ya wanna get together for some photography let me know. I'd love to find a refuge or something. we'll be here until next Sunday - I think.

My goodness, Diane, I grew up in Mason! I was there last weekend visiting family (I live in San Antonio, TX now). Where are you staying there? There are lots of areas to photograph. Not too far out of town is a Department of Natural Resources location with all sorts of birding opportunities.

My goodness, Diane, I grew up in Mason! I was there last weekend visiting family (I live in San Antonio, TX now). Where are you staying there? There are lots of areas to photograph. Not too far out of town is a Department of Natural Resources location with all sorts of birding opportunities.

we're staying with my hubby's sister out in the country. Had a blast today - went over and rode horses. Where is that Dept of Natural Resources?

There are several state owned game area's around Mason The closest is the Dansville State game, and a little further afield is Rose Lake game area. If you do a google search you can find maps to print. I hope that helps

Real Name
Dave Talboys
There are several state owned game area's around Mason The closest is the Dansville State game, and a little further afield is Rose Lake game area. If you do a google search you can find maps to print. I hope that helps

I believe that the DNR still has a preserve on Dexter Trail and Every Road??? I spent a lot time there when I was a kid.

Well, tonight we took a drive - saw several deer, 3 swans, Canadian geese, a red fox, skunk, and one unidentified critter - either a muskrat or maybe beaver. It was too dark to get photos but seeing them all was a ton of fun!

our trip is extended - my hubby's sister backed into our car and it's now in the collision body shop. So, Michiganders, if ya wanna get together, let us know!

Also, I'm being "out-shot" by my daughter - went to a harness racing training facility yesterday, while I was trying to be "artistic" and my photos don't look "artistic" Mariam was shooting to beat the band! We'll be sure to post photos when we get back to TX and have access to my adobe.

How did I miss this thread? I've been visiting family in the Hudsonville/Byron Center area for the last week! Unfortunately, I leave for WI this afternoon! Missed opportunities!

Latest threads

Top Bottom