Hey Ohio Shooters!

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by LB Jefferies, Jun 14, 2007.

1. LB Jefferies

LB Jefferies

Jan 29, 2006
    There are a couple of noteworthy events on the weekend of the 23rd and 24th. (this month, of course. :wink: )

There is the WACO biplane fly-in at Mt. Vernon. Some info here. You'll find some really neat vintage aircraft, along with the folks that restore and fly them.

On the same weekend, the Schnormeier Gardens will be open to the public. some info here. The gardens are near Gambier and Kenyon College.

Anyone interested in coming along?

2. ShadowForce

ShadowForce

Mar 26, 2006
    Dayton, OH
    LB - Thanks for the post. I'd like to check out the Schnormeier Gardens if possible on 6/23. Have you been there before? I think the weekend in late August when they have the Model-T's would be cool as well.

While we're on the subject of photo-op's in Ohio, what are your favorite places to visit in the fall?

3. LB Jefferies

LB Jefferies

Jan 29, 2006
    Bob, I'll probably go to the fly-in on the 23rd because many of those folks will be heading home Sunday.

That leaves the Gardens for Sunday. I've been there twice before, bring your walking shoes. LOL

I've been to the Hocking Hills area in October two of the last three years. I ended up in NorCal at a workshop with Robert Glenn Ketchum last year. :biggrin:

4. I talked about it a bit in the other Ohio thread, but Cuyahoga Valley is absolutely beautiful in the Fall. Walking the towpath trail along the river and exploring some of the local falls is quite the experience during the height of Fall.

5. Logan

Logan Guest

as is hocking hills and virginia kendall parks

6. Also this weekend in Ohio - the SVRA Vintage Grand Prix returns to Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Over 150 classic sports and race cars with most actually in action on the track.