Hey, were working here!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Doug, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    The only way of getting supplies to and from the Lodge at Mt. Leconte, (Grotto Falls Trailhead @ Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail @ Great Smoky Mountains National Park) is by Lamma! So, these Lammas had a hard day on the trail, about 8 hours total. In a few days maybe, they, or some other Lammas will likely go.

[​IMG]

Hey, we went too, don't forget to take our picture! These Lammas seemed quite curious about what I was doing, they just kept looking at me, hehe.

[​IMG]

2. WOW! Interesting! I like em! Nice job on a bit of PJ!

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Now that is cool. I never had any idea that these guys were used for this purpose. :smile:

4. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    thanks guys. notice how they all positioned their heads so nobody was left out of the pictures? Perhaps very smart animals indeed! :)

I already knew they did this, so I asked him, are these the famous LeConte Lammas? He said yip. I said about how long does it take you to go up or get back, he said about 4 hours. It's an extensive hike to the top, believe me.

There are 2 ways to get to Leconte, one is from the Roaring Fork MNT, and the other is from the Allum Cave Bluffs hike. But the Lammas always go the first way.

Research here:

http://www.leconte-lodge.com/