Hey, you're back up!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steve S, May 2, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Nice recovery fellas. I was beginning to have withdrawls, & going over to DPR didn't help much. Thanks Patrick, and all involved!

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    DITTO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

What was it?

Can you tell us what happened? :(

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    When the Cafe was started, we used the server at Patrick's business (Gigaparts). When the traffic started to increase, we leased server space at a hosting company that provided significantly more performance as well as a huge pipeline onto the web (48MBits/Sec).

We kept the DNS service for the Cafe on the Gigaparts server, but were having occasional slow look-up response times. Late last week, we changed over to Network Solutions as our DNS server. They made the change today, and screwed up. Basically, they deleted all of our DNS entries, so nobody could connect.

Patrick has been working for over 4 hours to get us back up. We need to give him our appreciation.

5. And we sure do. Thanks for all your hard work guys :!: :!: :!:

6. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

What a nightmare!

Patrick is appreciated! Even before today.....

7. dpreview is like taking bad meds for a serious urge of nikon dependency...the cafe is like popping 4 pills of vicodin and gettingh morphin shot straight through your IV line, pure bliss (just thinking about my stay at the hospital)! :p:)

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    lol Jonathon, ya, that's it

Wierd sor tof analogy, but ya, that's it!

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Uh, somebody's been on pain meds too long... ;)

Thanks Patrick!!! I knew there was trouble when I couldn't connect from work. I'll probably get a commendation from my boss for getting so much done today. But like a champ Patrick, you've got it back up for my evening injection... I mean participation.

10. I've been out in my shop all morning, so I guess I missed the confusion of not being able to log on. But is anyone experiencing a slow-down in response? I'm used to clicking from forum to forum in a split second. This afternoon it takes up to 20 seconds to go back to the forum or change forums. Is that just something left over from this morning?

11. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

12. Thanks Patrick appreciate your hard work, I know how way laid plans can go wrong in a hurry when it comes to networks...

13. Big Thankyou Patrick!!!