Hey, you're back up!

Nice recovery fellas. I was beginning to have withdrawls, & going over to DPR didn't help much. Thanks Patrick, and all involved!

When the Cafe was started, we used the server at Patrick's business (Gigaparts). When the traffic started to increase, we leased server space at a hosting company that provided significantly more performance as well as a huge pipeline onto the web (48MBits/Sec).

We kept the DNS service for the Cafe on the Gigaparts server, but were having occasional slow look-up response times. Late last week, we changed over to Network Solutions as our DNS server. They made the change today, and screwed up. Basically, they deleted all of our DNS entries, so nobody could connect.

Patrick has been working for over 4 hours to get us back up. We need to give him our appreciation.

Steve S said:
Nice recovery fellas. I was beginning to have withdrawls, & going over to DPR didn't help much. Thanks Patrick, and all involved!
dpreview is like taking bad meds for a serious urge of nikon dependency...the cafe is like popping 4 pills of vicodin and gettingh morphin shot straight through your IV line, pure bliss (just thinking about my stay at the hospital)! :p:)

Real Name
Chris
Uh, somebody's been on pain meds too long... ;)

Thanks Patrick!!! I knew there was trouble when I couldn't connect from work. I'll probably get a commendation from my boss for getting so much done today. But like a champ Patrick, you've got it back up for my evening injection... I mean participation.

I've been out in my shop all morning, so I guess I missed the confusion of not being able to log on. But is anyone experiencing a slow-down in response? I'm used to clicking from forum to forum in a split second. This afternoon it takes up to 20 seconds to go back to the forum or change forums. Is that just something left over from this morning?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom