Hi Everybody ...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Boobie Joe, Nov 14, 2005.

1. A few shots for fun ...

At my local wildlife animal refuge last sunday ...

First shot handheld, the rest on tripod for obvious reasons ... :)

Hope you like them

original.

original.

original.
    >
    original.

original.

original.

original.

And a little lippo needed here ...

original.

Beside cropping and resizing, pretty much all out of the box.

2. OOooo Yves....a 600 :eek: :eek: ...nice!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. Such a shallow field, it's incredibly on spot, with a marvelous soft backgound. I can recognize your colour balance and gradient. Borrowed equipment or did you hit the jackpot ?
    P.S. J'ai placé une commande de D200 chez Pierre en bas...

5. Wow, opened these for a casual look and got KNOCKED OVER with the intense quality!
    Dave

6. Fantastic job with the bazooka, considering the short DOF the focus is dead on in each and every one. I believe the bear and the raptor shots are my favorite

7. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Excellent Images
    Marvelous Work!!

8. No, did not hit the JackPOt ...

You will love the D200.

9. Beautiful shot Yves and great use of the 600mm lens. Well done all.

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Awesome Yves. I learn something every time you post. The super shallow DOF really works well on the shots, primarily because the focal plane is so perfectly aligned with the target area on the subjects. Very well done.

I've been dreaming of getting a 600 (as opposed to the 500 f4). What are your thoughts on this? I have the 300 2.8, and like it with the 1.4 TC (not thrilled with the 1.7 or 2.0), and as a birdie shooter I'm wondering which would be best for those occasions where I need the length. I would greatly appreciate your inputs on this. :smile:

11. Outstanding how did you get so close to the Artic Fox?

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice Yves,
    Beaautiful animals and raptors.

Glad to know the D200 is worthy as well.

Good to hear from you.

thanks for the show :>))

Take care.

13. I every possible way, the lens is fantastic, it is the birding shooter's lens if the budget is available. I still prefer the Canon IS version for the VR capability though.

I would personnaly chose the 500 F4 though, along with a 1.4TC for the extra reach. The 500 is smaller and more manageable as far as weight to carry. In both cases, the sharpness is amazing.

14. Yes, the D200 is a sweet camera ... It is going to be a real hit.

15. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Just one question Yves. I need speed for flying birds.

Will the D200 do it or do I have to go with the machine Gun D2H(s)

16. Amazing series, Yves. One probably needs your stature to handhold that gun:smile:
    But, where are the squirrels?:biggrin:
    Cheers

17. They are all scary good but I love the hawk in the middle, thanks for upping the bar!

did you put it at 5900k to make a little warmer or is that what you called it at?

I choose between a 5 and a 600 and took the 500, it is heavy enough as it is...

let's see some more!

18. awesome as always Yves, good to see some shots from you, its been awhile I think! The fox is my favorite, what a gorgeous creature. I can't believe you could hold that lens for even one hand-held shot, though!

19. Incredible series Yves, nothing like setting the bar once again. The DOF, color and contrast is exceptional, the sharpness speaks for itself. Now I have to go take another peekie :smile:

20. You probably signed a confidentiality agreement and aren't able to give details, but I'm greatly relieved to hear you say that, Yves! Ordering a d200 was more of an act of faith than an intelligent decision, but I think this is a pivotal model for Nikon, and will affect their future in the semi pro and professional markets. They took so long to introduce it that I was confident it would be a well thought out camera. I've got my fingers crossed :cool:.

Btw, awesome shots! It should be illegal to show shots from the 600/4 on an open forum.