Hi From Umhlanga, weather "changeable"

On your annual SA visit again, I see John.

Love the sky in 2 and 3, pity about the clipped roof in 2.

Loads of ships waiting to get into Durban harbour visible in 3.

Look forward to see more of your trip!!

Nice pics John.

This takes me back - I went on vacation to Durban and spent time at Umhlanga and the rocks. This will date me - Airwolf was flying up and down the beach, cannons and rocket pods out - great if you're a 12 year old!

Wonderful!!!!

#3 is my favorite in this series, JohnAlex, but they're all just lovely!!
Thank you :smile:

On your annual SA visit again, I see John.

Love the sky in 2 and 3, pity about the clipped roof in 2.

Loads of ships waiting to get into Durban harbour visible in 3.

Look forward to see more of your trip!!
Cannot seem to get enough of the place and this is our first trip to the KwaZulu-Natal area so there is an extra bit of excitment and I have resisted any temptation to do a Michael Caine impersonation :wink: You might like these other threads:

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/forumdisplay.php?f=101

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=302791

Wow, glad the weather turned around. Great pics.
Thanks Daryl

Nice pics John.

This takes me back - I went on vacation to Durban and spent time at Umhlanga and the rocks. This will date me - Airwolf was flying up and down the beach, cannons and rocket pods out - great if you're a 12 year old!
Well, the rocks are still here! :biggrin:

John, very nice set and #3 is also my fav!
Thanks Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice serie !!!

...and how many great souvenirs these images bring back ! I spent a few weeks at Humhlanga many years ago.... let see... in 1983 ! The place certainly wasn't as crowded with hotels, then...

Ohhh well...

:smile:
J-P.

Nice pics! been there an like the Oyster box hotel next door. My father passed there in 1942 on the way to India. Great bars and restaurants in both hotels. The one you stayed at has a great buffet breakfast.

Those are some great shots, I stayed just north of that area at Sodwanna. The dunes look very similar to the dunes where I live on Lake Michigan.

Very nice! I have to agree with the others - #3 is my favorite
Thank you.

Nice serie !!!

...and how many great souvenirs these images bring back ! I spent a few weeks at Humhlanga many years ago.... let see... in 1983 ! The place certainly wasn't as crowded with hotels, then...

Ohhh well...

:smile:
J-P.
It does look like there has been a lot recent development. Nearby there is a massive mall/sporting complex called Gateway. Thanks for your comment.

nice...The Beverly Hills Hotel, in SA, interesting! I didn't realize they were a 'chain'.
Those are some great shots, I stayed just north of that area at Sodwanna. The dunes look very similar to the dunes where I live on Lake Michigan.
I wish I had seen this comment earlier (I have been in areas with no decent connectivity) as I would have loved to seen those dunes - thanks anyway.

Latest posts