1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

HI HAVE NEW Z6 .. Have 14/30mmz 35mmz, 24-70mmz but I need a zoom?

Discussion in 'Nikon Z Mirrorless Forum' started by DCDan, Jul 12, 2019 at 4:48 PM.

1. DCDan

DCDan

Friday
    Hi Gang

I have a new z6 and have a couple of the new native Nikon Z series lens which I love actually, but it seems it will be awhile before a z zoom / tele comes out.. What lens would people recommend until a z zoom comes out. A good quality, lighter, F mount I assume because I haven't seen any third party z zooms yet.

Many many thanks

2. By all accounts the native 24-70s is an excellent zoom lens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DCDan

DCDan

Friday
    THANK YOU but for my wildlife etc I really prob need a 200mm or 300mm.. thanks for all your thoughts

4. 70-200 f/4 is a good one so long as you have the FTZ adapter.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. DCDan

DCDan

Friday
    got the adapter thanks
    any specific ones ?

6. I’m enjoying the 70-300 f4.5-5.6 on my z6. It’s relatively lightweight and very sharp.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I'll second Terri's suggestion of the 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E AF-P VR. It's lightweight, relatively inexpensive, with very good image quality. Thom Hogan's review: Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 AF-P VR | DSLRBodies | Thom Hogan

This is with a Z7, cropped and greatly reduced, at a relatively high ISO:
    20190706-15-46-51-2.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yep, OP, be sure to get the full frame P version of this focal length. Nikon has made about 5 different 70-300 lenses over the last decade, most still available, some very cheap but very marginal, some strictly for DX, but if you get the P for full frame, you will be getting the best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Another vote for the 70-300 AF-P. Can't beat it for the price. If you need a faster lens, the 300mm PF f/4 with the 1.4TCIII is also amazing on the Z cameras.

10. Another vote for the 70-300 AF-P. It's my current telephoto lens of choice on the Z6 for landscapes, hiking, etc. Nice and sharp, yet pretty compact and light. Until we get a native version, it's the lens to get IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.