Hi ....Newbie Here

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by 57corvette, May 6, 2007.

1. Hi all .........

I just signed up to the forum today. My name is Bob and I live in the Los Angeles area. I just got into photography late last year. I purchased a Nikon D80 with the 18-200 VR lens. I'm still trying to learn how to use it ..... and it's a slow process for me. At the same time, I'm also trying to learn Photoshop 7 and Paint Shop Pro xi. I have made a few attempts in the post processing field and would like to post some here for feedback and criticism. I guess my first question is how to post a photo into a message :redface: ..........

Thanks in advance and I look forward to learning from all of you ........

Bob

2. You need to have your picture hosted on a site that allows linking from other sites.

Then you would click the button to "Insert Image". Put the full link (including the .jpg file extension) in.

3. Hi Bob and welcome. Yes, most folks use PBase.com, Smugmug.com or Flick.com for hosting.

Rich

4. hi bob try photobucket.com

5. First Post

Jimmy, Rich, Cliff,

Thanks for the info. I have an account on Flickr, and I hope this posting of a photo works.

382274876_a97dd6de3a_b.

I took this photo in Cambria, Ca. last Thanksgiving. Not really much of a pp photo, but one I like.

Thanks again for the help,

Bob

6. Wow! It sure does. Excellent shot.
    :biggrin:

7. a very colorful splash entry there Bob. Welcome!!

8. THAT's an understatement!

Rich

9. welcome. The flower is a nice image.

10. Thank you all for the nice welcome ....... I appreciate it.

Bob

11. Welcome to the forum. Great shot.
    Eddie

12. Thanks Eddie ...........

Bob