Hiatal hernia.

What meds have they tried to manage your GERD issues with the Hiatal Hernia? Surgery is a last resort for this issue. It can usually be managed by meds and changing or eliminating certain things from your diet.

Real Name
Bill
What meds have they tried to manage your GERD issues with the Hiatal Hernia? Surgery is a last resort for this issue. It can usually be managed by meds and changing or eliminating certain things from your diet.
Before the surgery they tried several different PPI's in varying amounts. Along with a modified diet. The tear in the diaphragm was as the surgeon noted to me "significant". Surgery was the last option.
Hope you are doing well and will be back sharing your wonderful photos soon!!
Thanks Terri. Right now it's just a lot of resting. My follow up is on the 28th. If that goes ok I'll be able to mix in more solid food. Right now it's all soft stuff.

Real Name
Bill
Jello, mashed potatoes, yogurt, oh my!
My tiny cup of vanilla ice-cream at night has been my one guilty pleasure. Lol

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Bill.
Thanks Phil.
Go for a Protein drink or two to help with the satiation situation, too: Muscle Milk or some similar brand available in most grocery stores can add something more interesting to the intake during this period of soft/liquid diet......
I've started adding it to smoothies. I can't have much but any little bit helps.
I think most good wines and single malts count as soft stuff!
Good luck with your recovery. You can't hurry healing, so take your time and do what you can.
gary
Thanks Gary. They are liquids 🤔

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom