Hibicus

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Neil, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Neil

Neil

Jul 8, 2005
    Douglasville, GA
    This was taken in small park close to where I work in Atlanta, lets just say the more unfortunate among us will stop here and take rest in shade for awhile.
    Had a orange smog alert this day and was very hot and humid. Only thing left alone was color of Hibiscus in this shot. D70, 60mm f/2.8 D micro, 1/125 s F7.1.
    [​IMG]

critique welcome.
    Neil

2. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Hi Neil:

Great shot and wonderful detail! My neighbor has these growing along her driveway and I've been meaning to ask her what they were.

Thanks for sharing :smile:

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Nicely done Neil. I didn't realize that you were over in Atlanta. You need to come over and shoot with us some weekend. :smile:

4. Neil

Neil

Jul 8, 2005
    Douglasville, GA
    Lisa thanks glad you liked the shot. Messed up on picture but thought could save it being creative.
    Frank thanks would like to do a weekend sometime later on when I have caught up on expenses. Could always use some guidance and tips on using camera.
    Neil

5. I like that deep color in the center and the pastel color all around that.

6. Neil

Neil

Jul 8, 2005
    Douglasville, GA
    Thanks Gilles know did not capture flower at its peak, think it has a hard life with all the auto exhaust and smog in area.