Hibiscus

First off, I'm not a macro photographer! ;) I did just get a Nikon 60mm micro lens so I've been trying to put it to use. I've always liked Hibiscus so I went up close and took this. Not sure if there are 'rules' to follow for macro so please feel free to enlighten me if I'm approaching this in a totally bass-ackwards way.

Someone last week mentioned about not realizing Hibiscus thingies had hair on them. I think this illustrates it pretty well...
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I can say I was totally blown away when I enlarged the photo to 100% and saw this:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Maybe you who are macro-ists are used to this but for me it was eye-opening. This may be a fun journey! :)

Very nice Kevin. You are now officially a macro photographer. :lol:

Fun huh??

Yep, you broke the rules!

You're not allowed to post a cooler shot than mine from yesterday! :wink: Say wth is that avatar of yours? I can't figure it out?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Flew said:
Very nice Kevin. You are now officially a macro photographer. :lol:

Fun huh??
Thanks, Frank! You know, the more I shoot, the more I like it. And I'm having a blast, which is important too. But mostly, I'm just trying to learn my gear and get better at photography.

kramp said:
I like it Kevin, nice composition.

Martin
Thanks Martin, I liked it too but wasn't sure about that petal that folds down. The more I looked the more I wasn't sure. ;) But overall I was happy with it. Macro is fun! :lol:

Re: Yep, you broke the rules!

Steve S said:
You're not allowed to post a cooler shot than mine from yesterday! :wink: Say wth is that avatar of yours? I can't figure it out?
lol Steve! :) I'll have to go back and try to find yours, I don't remember seeing it but I'm sure it's a lot nicer than my first attempt.

My avatar is a headshot of a baby tri-color heron. I took it when we Nikon Cafers met at the Rookery in St Augustine. It's a head-on shot and his beak is out of focus because of the shallow dof. I've got a ton of these so I'll probably be rotating them out. ;)

Thanks for looking and the kind words!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom