High Key Technique

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by eng45ine, Nov 13, 2005.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I have seen such beautiful images that have been created using High Key technique. I would love to give that a try someday, can anyone offer some suggestions as to where I can find the recipe on how to do this? I am now using PS CS2.......

Thanks! :smile:

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Frank,
    If you will go to the retouching forum on DPR and search high key you will find a tremendous amount of posts and pictures and tutorials on this very subject.
    That is a great technique and very beautiful as well.

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for your help, Gale. I'm heading there now to look around!!!

4. Are you looking for high key photography or high key using in PS?

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hi Melissa,

I have seen some beautiful images that I think are processed using a high key technique (if I am explaining that correctly). I would like to apply this techique to some images so they are washed out in white but certain highlights are left in black...and maybe add some color in certain areas (such as eyes, flowers, etc). Now that I have CS2...I'm eager to play with some of my images to see if I can create something special. Any suggestions?

6. I don't know if you have tried this trick. Desaturate the picture to b/w then use the history brush to color in what you what colorized.

Let me know how this works for you. Also, go to atncentral.com and you will find all kinds of wonderful actions to use.

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Melissa...I will do just that. I tried the desaturation part before, but I didn't know what to do from that point. The history brush will probably be just the step I was looking for. I'll be in touch with my progress...Thanks!