High School Football

These are some images that I shot this past Saturday. Images were taken with a D2H and 300mm f/2.8. The sunlight was very intense, minimal wind and temps in the 80s.

48746129.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 15002
View attachment 15004
View attachment 15005
View attachment 15006

Critiques/comments are always appreciated.

Thanks Gordon...It seems that I learn something each time that I shoot. I learned last Saturday that some overcast clouds are greatly appreciated. Shooting in direct sunlight isn't fun.

D

dbirdsong

Very nice job Frank. Man I wish there was day time games in my area, they play at night under very poor lighting conditions.

Thanks for your comments, Dave. Day games are nice because of the adequate sunlight and some clouds would have helped with my results. Evening games on the average high school field are so dark...I have yet to succeed with shooting without a flash. I guess there are trade-offs with both shooting situations.

Give me high school and college football any time! The guys are in it because they love the sport and you see it in their faces....They do it because it's still fun and it's not about the money (yet). You've captured the essence of why I love the game Frank! The colors are great and I can feel the action....FUN---FUN---FUN!!!!

Leigh said:
Give me high school and college football any time! The guys are in it because they love the sport and you see it in their faces....They do it because it's still fun and it's not about the money (yet). You've captured the essence of why I love the game Frank! The colors are great and I can feel the action....FUN---FUN---FUN!!!!
Thanks for the kind words, Leigh. And I totally agree with the sentiment of H.S./college sports as compared with the pros. The salaries and prestige has taken the essence of the game away. It's a business now...too bad!!! Glad you enjoyed them, Leigh.

B

Brew

Frank great work as always!!!! Hope I get some 1/2 as good as yours when my sons games starts!!!

Brew said:
Frank great work as always!!!! Hope I get some 1/2 as good as yours when my sons games starts!!!
Thanks for the kind words, Bruce. I am trying to improve on the ratio of keepers vs. captures while using a flash. Some of my images are quite blurry at times. I am trying to pay better attention when panning the action to see if that improves my results. It is definately a learning experience when I shoot night games. I look forward to seeing images of your son's game soon.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom