High School Football

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by eng45ine, Sep 5, 2005.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
  2. You have done well here Frank, nice action shots.

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Gordon...It seems that I learn something each time that I shoot. I learned last Saturday that some overcast clouds are greatly appreciated. Shooting in direct sunlight isn't fun.

4. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Very nice job Frank. Man I wish there was day time games in my area, they play at night under very poor lighting conditions.

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for your comments, Dave. Day games are nice because of the adequate sunlight and some clouds would have helped with my results. Evening games on the average high school field are so dark...I have yet to succeed with shooting without a flash. I guess there are trade-offs with both shooting situations.

6. Very nice pictures. But it was definitely not football weather.

7. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Give me high school and college football any time! The guys are in it because they love the sport and you see it in their faces....They do it because it's still fun and it's not about the money (yet). You've captured the essence of why I love the game Frank! The colors are great and I can feel the action....FUN---FUN---FUN!!!!

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Isn't that the truth...it was more the "pass the suntan lotion" day!!!

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for the kind words, Leigh. And I totally agree with the sentiment of H.S./college sports as compared with the pros. The salaries and prestige has taken the essence of the game away. It's a business now...too bad!!! Glad you enjoyed them, Leigh.

10. Brew

Brew Guest

Frank great work as always!!!! Hope I get some 1/2 as good as yours when my sons games starts!!!

11. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for the kind words, Bruce. I am trying to improve on the ratio of keepers vs. captures while using a flash. Some of my images are quite blurry at times. I am trying to pay better attention when panning the action to see if that improves my results. It is definately a learning experience when I shoot night games. I look forward to seeing images of your son's game soon.