Highland County splendor

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by dmwphoto, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Had a so so day today. A few wierd things with the camera blowing out images, way overexposed, not sure what was up with that but some how got it back working properly. came up with these to share. nothing real special here but since I drove 6 hours round trip and froze my hiney off to get em, i am gonna post em.
    Dave
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Allow me : the last one is one big picture. The light is so present, you can touch it. Lots of interesting patches of colour, good diagonal lines, a little foreground to frame it all, and the little cow (is it ?) is a nice touch.
    Reminds me of Cherry Hill in Va where I camped a few years back.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2005
  3. Love that last image Dave. Well done and worth the trip and your frozen hiney.:smile:

4. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Yeah Dave , that last one is nice. Where abouts did you go. The colors seem to be getting here alittle later this year.

5. mornin Biggs. I had hoped to catch you online friday eve and invite you along. These were taken between Bluegrass and Hightown (left off of 220 towards bluegrass, road ends back on 250 at hightown.
    Dave

6. Thanks Christian, Gordon, and Biggs. I nearly did not post the last one, interesting sometimes what strikes the eye in people.
    Dave

7. Dave i love them all and specially the last one with the black cow that seem to be a reference point to illuminate all the colors, very great composition.

8. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    DAve , Sorry I missed you ,I would have liked to go.

Ive been extremely busy lately so havent had much time to do the things I enjoy.

9. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Dave,
    I have to agree w/everyone else...the last one is perfect! The light, the colors, the composition...bet it would look great printed out.

10. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I like the last one too Dave but I'm really drawn to the first one and the third. These are just great to me, and worth a frozen hiney. :)

Regards,

11. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

12. Paul- you are an absolute Hoot! enjoyed the links. Thanks for the comments.
    I may have slightly overdone it on the sharpening.
    Leigh and Patrick, Thanks so much for looking and commenting. Patrick I am glad you mentioned the others :^) Number 1 is the one that I thought would be the best recieved.
    Really surprising to me how many people felt so strong about the last one. anyways I appreciate all comments recieved!
    Dave

13. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    The last image is magical. Love the composition and colors.

Regards

RFC

14. I completely agree!! This is a very nice shot, Dave!!

15. Robert and Kevin,
    Thanks for taking your time to comment. I am really quite amazed at how much this image has generated in interest. Thanks again.
    Dave

16. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    Dave,

I too was very impressed by the last one. The light is good. Then I saw that most others agree. Now I wonder what's wrong with me - that hardly ever happens! Ha!

17. thanks John. I guess this means nothing is wrong with you, how is that for relief??
    Appreciate you looking and giving the feedback
    Dave

18. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

19. Much obliged, Paul. Ill have a bottle ready for you chop chop.
    Dave

20. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005