1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Highschool girls soccer

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Jeff Mims, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
  2. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    nice work Jeff....
    perfect crops

3. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Very nice Jeff great framing and action

4. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    I agree, nice work on shots and crops! I love shots like 2&3

5. Very nice.

Just curious, was Active D-Lighting turned on?

6. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks Joe.

I don't think Active D-Lighting was on. I'll have to check. I shot in RAW for the first time, so that might be my fault. Not D lighting. :smile:

7. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks Randy.

8. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks Mark.

Frankly, I was lucky to get anything. I'm no expert on soccer shooting by far, but yesterday had to be one of my worst days shooting ever. No matter where I went, all the action stayed on the other end of the field. :tongue:
    Thanks for the kind comment.

9. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks Tim. As I posted to Mark..I was lucky to get anything useful. I had to crop more than I wanted. Even the D300 and 300 lens wasn't long enough yesterday.
    Maybe I can borrow Randy's 400 and D3? :biggrin:

10. Man that Mississippi sun is a bugger.:biggrin: Good work under tough conditions.

See Ya
    Dennis

11. We must share the same bad luck, the action is always on the opposite side or end from where I'm positioned. Good job controlling that horrid light, nice action too.

12. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Other photographers love for me to come shoot football games. They just get on the opposite side of the field from me. As they are sure that's where the action will all go.:smile:

Of course, I'm exaggerating, but it does seem that way some times.

13. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

Jeff, good job cropping those. What impresses me too is the combination of that camera and lens with these. Perfect. Nice sharp foreground subjects and super creamy-smooth backgrounds. You also handled the harsh sun really well.

I'd say, wrong end of the field or not, you nailed some great shots.

14. VDMTom

VDMTom

Jun 24, 2008
    CA, USA
    looking good. keep it up.

15. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks Glen..you are too kind.

I just get advice from some of the great shooters here, and try to do what they do. Of course, I'm not nearly as good as them. Takes awhile to develop skill, and then..there is their talent level.

I'm just happy so many are willing to share and teach here. I've learned much.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.