Highspand bridge... sec. longest in the world...

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Flyfishdk, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Hi All

Today I had the change to visit an very special place in Denmark.

Sprogø is a little island placed in the midle of the sound of Storebælt the devide the big islands Sjælland and Fyn. There is about 18 km between the two big islands and there are build a bridge between them. There is 2 sections. from Sjælland a highspand bridge for car traffic and an tunnel for trains, the highspand brige has the sec. longest freespand in the world, 1624m. From the little Island Sprogø there is a lowbrige for car and train traffic to Fyn.
    The little island has been made app. 4 times bigger. All the new structures has been made on the "new land" on the island. The old part has been left as it was, because the nature is very special. The Island is offlimit for public, today I was lucky and had the change to visit it.

DSC_8000copylille.

DSC_7981lille.

DSC_8071copylille.

DSC_8009copylille.

DSC_8232lille800.

DSC_8239copylille.

2. troymorris24

troymorris24

Jan 10, 2007
    Los Angeles
    i love them, the never ending perspective shot of the bridge, the last ones are
    really interesting with the light peering through...

3. Makes big difference from travelling on the ferries where the train drove straight on board!!

4. Why is this the case. It seems an enormous amount of money to spend on something that does not give access to the public.

I like the second one. Nice perspective and it looks very similar to the bridge to the Ile de Re in western France.

Bob F.

5. Beautiful set Nico.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Super shot of the bridge.

7. very nice set of images. Some cool perspectives too

8. Excellent series... the last two are incredible!

9. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark

Hi Bob

I think I dont got the explanation right..... sorry for my bad english. But they use the little island as an "platform" so they did not had to build it all the way. Sprogø has some special frogs, plants and som middleage ruins so they want to keep people away because it's so small and all the public would ruin the island

To all of you: thanks for the nice words

10. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Nice work, I especially like the composition on the second image, and the BW conversion on the third is also well-done.

11. Very interesting - and nice pics too! ;-)

12. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Great shots - the last one would be a very good "Where am I?"

13. Good eye + good technique = Very nice work,

PaulC

14. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Very nicely done ! Especially like the abstract nature of the last two.

Regards

RFC

15. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Hi Robert.

Thanks alot :)

16. Falcon

Falcon

May 3, 2006
    Denmark
    Nice pictures Nico with unusual views of the bridge that we don't see very often. How did you get a permit to go there? Do you have to know someone who knows someone who knows......etc?

mvh Jørn

17. Phil Lee

Phil Lee

Jan 17, 2007
    Sale, UK
    Nice photos. I work for the developer of some of the software that was used in the design of that bridge.

18. Nico,

These are beautiful! I find the last two particularly interesting. You live in a beautiful land!! :smile:

19. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark

Know some one there know someone....:cool:

Very cool have you ever visited it?

20. Falcon

Falcon

May 3, 2006
    Denmark
    Can't you introduce me to someone who knows someone so I can get to know someone who knows someone who knows someone? :) :)

mvh Jørn