Hiking Camera backpack

I have looked at many camera oriented backpacks, but could never find one that fit better than a real pack designed for backpacking (REI being my store of choice). Most camera backpacks have no inner frame and the harness systems on them were a joke at best. They also seemed to be designed to carry every piece of photography equipment you own, but very little space for other things. I only carry what I will need as far as camera gear and it is heavy enough, anything more and the pack starts to get very heavy once you start adding water, food, clothes etc...

Well, my backpack after seeing 7 years of hard use is finally starting to fall apart. So I thought, "let's see what is out there now, maybe things have improved." Apparently they have. There are more choices...

So now to the present time, I just received a 'clik elite contrejour 40'. I haven't had the opportunity to head out in the hills with it yet, but loading it up and walking around it is no worse than my backpack, which is a very good thing.

It has an internal frame, good harness system, just the right amount of space for my camera gear and plenty of room for other things necessary to hike. For overnight backpacking, I will still use a real backpack, but this will be used for everything else.

Here are some shots

medium.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

medium.jpg

Side access for up to a pro body size

medium.jpg

Back access to camera compartment

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Small top opening, batteries, memory cards etc...

medium.jpg

The large storage area, goes all the way to the bottom of the pack. Lots of space.

medium.jpg

Douglas, I was wondering if you have ever seen the photo sport 200 by lowepro before? I am curious to how this one compares since I am in the market for a bag like this.

Douglas, I was wondering if you have ever seen the photo sport 200 by lowepro before? I am curious to how this one compares since I am in the market for a bag like this.

Never looked at the Lowepro. The click elite is built very similar to my hiking backpack.

Latest threads

Top Bottom