Hiking Zion's

Discussion in 'People' started by greyflash, Nov 29, 2005.

1. The day after Thanksgiving we decided to work off some of our dinner so we went for a hike at Zion's National Park. Those that know me realize that my wife is not one that like to have her picture taken. Will wonders never cease, she liked this shot.

Margene (my wife)

Mitchell (my grandson)

David (my son who was home from the military for the Thanksgiving weekend)

2. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I'm so jealous

Here I am in the cold and SNOW and you get to be in Zion's hiking. Oh well, it does look rather like Christmas here.

Your photos are great. Sure you'll enjoy the memories for a long time. Your wife is beautiful. Tell her that she needs to let you take more of her.

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks so much for sharing your family with us again! Your wife is stunning (I can see why she likes that shot!). I love it when Cafe members share their family photos with each other. Just goes to show that this is more than a photography site, it's one big extended family! I'm so glad you had a nice hike (I did too...except mine was at the mall....:biggrin: )

4. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    Tell you wife to get away from that edge, she makes me nervous.

5. what a great way to spend the day with family. great shots too. I agree with Ron tho, get away from the edge.

6. Terri and Leigh,

Thanks so much for your comments and I have shown them to my wife. We keep this up and maybe she will let me take pictures more often.

7. Ron and Dave,

I can see that the two of you would never make it hiking in Zion. If you don't get near the edge you would have to stay in your car.:smile: Actually it is not as scary as it looks in the image. The hike to Angels Landing in Zions is much worse and is over 2000 feet straight down and the last 1/3 of the trail is all sheer cliffs. I hiked it one winter in the snow and ice. It is one of the great hikes there. Then for the more faint of heart you might try Zion's Narrows but there you are hiking knee deep in water most of the way.

Thanks for your comments.

8. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    So the insanity thing runs in the family?:smile: :smile: :smile:

9. Don't know about the insanity but thousands of others hike Zion's every year as well. Now the rock climbers, that is beyond the pale.:wink:

10. Excellent pics as usual Gordon. You have a very photogenic family!

11. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Great family shots

Hi Gordon

These are really great shots - definitley for the family album.

I like each and every one - however - I agree with a former post - get your wife away from that edge - scary!!!!!

I have no head for heights!:smile:

Very best wishes and thanks for sharing

All the best

Ray

12. Very nice glad to finally meet your wife she is beautiful, how is your son making out in the armed forces, I remember when you did the parachute drop when he finished is training.

13. Jim and Ray,

Thanks for your kind comments about my family. I appreciate your taking the time to view and comment on these shots.

14. Hi Mike,

Thanks friend. Both David and I made our first parachute jump at the same time as you so aptly remember. He is currently serving with the 82nd Airborne in Ft. Bragg, NC, and unless things change he will not go oversees until late next year. In the meantime he will complete his college degree in May of next year at a local university. I am proud of him and what he is doing. I appreciate your comments and your friendship.

15. What a great way to celebrate Thanksgiving with an outing at Zion, Gordon!:smile: Your wife looks terrific here. I have only one nit. I think the photo of your son would be better if you took took that twig out that shows behind his ear.

Nice work!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

16. Thanks Virginia and good eye, I will for sure do that.