hill & usher insurance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrdinh, Jun 7, 2005.

1. mrdinh

mrdinh

Mar 8, 2005
    North Dakota
    anyone heard of them? are they good? or there others?...i tried farmers insurance and they are not cheap and customer service isn't great...

help is appreciated

thanks

2. mrdinh

mrdinh

Mar 8, 2005
    North Dakota
    no one?...you all got all those expensive toys and don't insure them??

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Insurance is something that I need to get as soon as possible and I was getting ready to contact my agent (Farmers Ins.). I read somewhere that insurance coverage for photography equipment ran something like $1.65 per $100. of equipment...but I am only going by recall. At any rate, I am interested in insurance that pays replacement value...so whatever the cost of the rider policy...it had better cover the replacement cost whether stolen, broken, etc.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I have mine through Geico Ins...

Actually they handle the ins for my renters insurance and my camera gear through travelers....

My car is insured directly through Geico.

what you need is "All Risk" ins. That covers all costs if stolen broken dropped etc. Full replacement..

I gave them the price I paid for the equip.

5. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Most insurance companies that you have business or home owners though can do what is called an Inland Marine rider. I have this on all my gear and it is relatively cheap but extremely effective. I break it, lose it, it gets stolen, it is covered minus the deductable.

I have mine through auto-owners insurance.

www.grimwood.net, Bill is a ham as well as a photographer. If you have any questions email him and tell him I sent you.

Thanks,

6. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017