1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hillbilly Elliot, down the memory lane

Discussion in 'People' started by LindaZ, Aug 19, 2008.

1. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    I was just goofing around with these shots from the other day, Elliot had an Oreo mustache and my old toy car from the late 1970s or early 1980s.

I found Sonya's dusty and dirty dog action to be pretty suitable for them, not that I know how to use them well.... but I thought they were kind of fun.

[​IMG]

p304984679-4.

[​IMG]

2. linda
    these turned out great
    glad that sonya's actions helped you as well

3. Dr A

Dr A

Feb 2, 2008
    State College, PA
    Being a Hillbilly is pretty OK, it's those Rednecks you gotta watch out for ....

4. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Thank you! I really liked how they made them look!

Speaking from experience, Mr Kentucky man? :wink:

5. Dr A

Dr A

Feb 2, 2008
    State College, PA
    Absolutely no question about it. I'm Hillbilly and proud of it!

6. Hey....I'm a KY girl, and I don't think I fall into the Hillbilly category, LOL! Just a little *country*....and I only wear shoes when I HAVE to. :tongue:

Linda, these are great! Those are two of my favorite actions. When they fit the photo, they do amazing things. (photos with blue....)

7. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    My interpretation is that Hillbillies loves cars and dress in the 1950s style, with the hair flip in the front (I recently cut off his hair) and he just looked the part!

Sonya, it's funny how those actions never come out looking the same. I thought kind of looked like the older slides from the 1980s.
    Thanks for looking and leaving comments!

Today, Freya will model for me in her cowgirl boots and denim dress. Wish me luck, as a 15 month old she's very independent.

8. KG72

KG72 Guest

Nice... I like the muted colors.

If I may, Sonya... where did you get those actions?

9. EssieK

EssieK Guest

Good luck with that! :smile: My youngest is 22 months and isn't sitting still unless we bribe her.... It doesn't help that her sister (5 1/2) is running around like a Road Runner - and she desperately want to be able to _everything_ her older sister is doing...

Great pics too! I just love the light in your pictures, and the way you process them.

10. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Nice ones, Linda! I like the lomo-ish treatment you did. Very handsome young man - must've got your genes :smile:

11. Dr A

Dr A

Feb 2, 2008
    State College, PA
    It's called denial, Sonya.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.