Critique Historic Buildings

Cyrus McCormick demonstrated his first practical mechanical reaper in 1831 at Walnut Grove, his farm in Raphine, Virginia.

Gristmill
Mike 2019-08-06--155-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Interior of Gristmill
(captured by my wife and post-processed by me)
Joellen 2019-08-06--066-S.jpg

Interior of the one-room building where McCormick built his reaper
Mike 2019-08-06--147-S.jpg

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Number 2 is the best of the bunch, 3 is just ok in my book because the subject gets lost against the busy stone background, while the circlular subject does provide contrast with the background, it is just a busy image.

As stated, two is a ribbon winner! I know, I have an image taken by my wife that has sold a fair number of prints, but the post work youndid makes it a winner.

Thank you to Bill, Bart, Rick, Nick, Karen, Wade and Jim! I'm sure my wife will be happy to learn of the plaudits you folks give to the second photo, which is also my favorite of the bunch.

3 is just ok in my book because the subject gets lost against the busy stone background
I agree; we should at least partially blame the set designer. :) On the other hand, if we want to document that wooden wheels were often laid against the side of stone walls during those times, the image at least serves that purpose, which still means it's only in the "OK" category for me.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom