Historic car races VIR

A few from today
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A ton more to go thru:biggrin:

Mark-
time to upgrade that D50 :) I was looking at your EXIF info, when you are doing your panning shots you are having stop down to f32 since the D50 only goes to 200 ISO. From what I've read, going that small is actually hurting the image quality somewhat (if someone here knows better please advise!)

It would be a lot cheaper to buy a couple ND filters, or even a Polarizer to knock the light down a couple stops. ISO 200 to 100 is only 1/2 stop. I can't see the exif, but the racing shots I took at near mid-day sun at Sebring Florida were 1/500 at f9 on manual at ISO100.
Jim

Mark-
time to upgrade that D50 :) I was looking at your EXIF info, when you are doing your panning shots you are having stop down to f32 since the D50 only goes to 200 ISO. From what I've read, going that small is actually hurting the image quality somewhat (if someone here knows better please advise!)

M

MCN Photo

Nice shots, dontcha just love historics not as fast and generally good access, very nice shots.

Regards
Mark

Mark-
David I was shooting SS 60 -160 on my panning shots , was trying something different to really catch wheel spin , reguires steady panning , I could have panned all day long at at 400-640 at F9-12 but choose to try slower shutter speed
The Red Jag in #4 was shot at 2.8 SS4000 at 300mm no pan
#6 was shot at F20 ,SS160 at 300mm and wasa panned shot

I don't see much image quality fall off in these at full size
Thanks for looking

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom