Hmmm.. what do you guys think about this one? (Edit Image Added)

Discussion in 'People' started by LauraJohnston, Jun 9, 2007.

1. original.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2007
  2. Miguel

Miguel

May 12, 2006
    Norwalk, CT
    Works for me.

3. ponykilr

ponykilr

May 23, 2007
    usa
    I am beginning to think you have a future at cosmo or something. I like it too.

4. It's too "snapshotish" for my taste. Too many things competing for my attention. Think about what you want to say then look at the elements in the image and ask yourself why are they there?

And you better have a good reason :biggrin:

5. tomj

tomj

Feb 5, 2006
    Oklahoma
    The background does seem a bit busy for me but not overly so. I love the lighting and styling you accomplished with the model.

Regards,

6. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    I like this image. Just thinking if you clone the actually letters ouf ot the background you have a nice 'frame' around your model. Lighting pose, attittude expression....LOVE IT :)

Regards

RFC

7. plusfour

plusfour Guest

Like it - I agree about losing the letters from the background, they're a bit distracting. Otherwise, a great shot!

8. cool... i will try it losing the letters.

9. original.

Is this a little better? I totally took the words off but the plain whiteness seemed to draw my eye more than the words do.

10. PS how do i change the title of a thread?

11. I think your second version is better in terms of distractions. I think she's turned/tilting a bit too much though.

To edit your title, go to the first post you have in this thread, click on Edit, then Advanced, and you can edit your title in the next screen. There might be an easier way but that's how I do it.

12. PM sent.

13. Personaly, i like the photo, the position, the pose etc.. is very nice. I dont know if im stepping on toes or anything, but i thought that it needed a little more color in my opinion. The contrast of her dress and skin tone meshes to familiar with the background colors, so i bumped it up a little.

original.

14. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005

I like your second version better. But I would still remove all lettering. If you wanted to take it even further, clone the signs out and crop. You are a gifted artist follow your gut instinct :)

[​IMG]

Regards

RFC

15. charliec

charliec

Jan 17, 2006
    los angeles
    I dont really like her position in the frame (aka the composition) but i do like her and the lighting. like laready stated it is a bit busy with that background. I think what RFC did with cloning and cropping works better and keeps my attention where it should be, on the model.

16. i'm glad to be getting real input.. thanks guys! it does look better with the background mostly cropped out.. i guess my stubborness about trying to crop everything the same kept the thought of doing that out of my mind. i don't know why I feel like I have to crop everything the same size. Haha. Thanks :)

17. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Laura, your photography is always first-rate, but something about the background leaves me flat. I like the model and her clothing, but the background in general distracts from the image. My eyes seem to gravitate to the wall and it's textures rather than appreciating the model and her pose. I am the last person on this earth who can help you improve, but I wanted to share what I could. I hope I have helped in some way and have not been overly critical.

18. I have looked at this picture many times but have not commented yet. After seeing the lettering removed I have decided that this is an improvement and I like it better that way. The only thing I would do now is to straighten up the verticle lines. Thanks for pushing the envelope Laura.

19. I like it Laura. The processing is really cool too.