Hmmm, what next?

OK,
very tired here as been VERY busy.

I have been offered a Staff Photog job with a magazine, yay me :)

Am also selling my last non FX type non-pro lens.

Now, there's always stuff needed, memory cards, laptops/digital storage,flases/PW's etc.

BUT, what lens (as I am taking images of people/models) would you recommend to compliment my current lineup?

D3/D2x/D300 70-200 vr, 28-70 f/2.8 "Beast" and 85 f/1.4 "Cream machine (have more but this is my "go to" glass)

We are talking $1,000 ISH here not $4,000 lol.

Thanks,
Nick

BUT, what lens (as I am taking images of people/models) would you recommend to compliment my current lineup?

D3/D2x/D300 70-200 vr, 28-70 f/2.8 "Beast" and 85 f/1.4 "Cream machine (have more but this is my "go to" glass)

You already have the 70-200, 28-70, and 85mm, so I would say you were pretty well covered in that area....

Congrats on the job!

Thanks both.
Rather not say as contract is still in mail and thus not signed yet :( But will say upon ink drying :)
NOT huge publication but have HIGH hopes :)

N

Nuteshack

congrats Nick...save your $, looks like u got it all covered,,,,maybe a new 15 2.8 sig for some super wide freakiness?

new $500 or so ...awesome lens!

Yeah,
am pretty happy with glass right now.
I did a "test" shoot Monday and had to do some indoors "yuck" lol. Basically I was wedged into a corner some with the 85 f/1.4 (which is my fave lens right now, yeah KNOW coulda used the Beast) and wondered what if anything was compareable to the 85 but abit wider?
I know there's alot of lust/praise for the 100 zeiss f2 here and the 200 f/2 nikon but I kinda like closer when poss. Heck the 70-200 is cool, even on D3 for stuff thus far.
Maybe a 50mm or 35mm thats as yummy and easy"ish" to use as the 85mm?

BTW, I prefer natural light (inside or out) as like to K.I.S.S. (and am a total novice with flash really as hav'nt used it much lol), and my stuff needs sharpness and contrast for colour ON the model ;) Get my drift :)

Congrats Nick, is it a local one? Let me know so I can pick that one up!! Well, depends on the magazine genre....:)

Thanks but not local, Naitonal (well guess Worldwide).

As said, keeping quite till ink (hint) is dry as cannot believe it and don't wanna jinx anything :)

A pairing of 50f1.4 and 30f1.4 with your 85f1.4 would let you get out of the corner with fast glass and leave enough of your budget for memory cards or whatever.

Latest threads

Top Bottom