Hockey game

I like to go watch some buddies of mine play. So, after finally getting an MB-D10 and being able to plug away at 8fps, I slapped my 70-200 on my D700, cranked up the ISO to 3200, and went to town.

A little exposure push, fill light, and + in the blacks, and I came out with some good images I was reasonably happy with.

From shouldn't cycling for so long, I'm coming to find out that because I understand cycling, I know when to click. With hockey, I don't fully understand when those key moments are going to be. Plus the scratched glass and netting really get in the way sometimes. :tongue:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Normally, I'm not either. But shooting through what seemed to me to be an overly thick net, or insanely scratched boards, I had to do something to distract from the lack of sharpness and the slow-moving action. Only a few of these players were really fast and had moves. Plus, there are no portholes in the corners by the goal to shoot through, so it was either from the stands through glass/net, or through the glass on the floor level. And those angles don't make for amazing shots.

I've always felt like my hockey stuff was underexposed. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom