1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hockey in August

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by GeoffBolte, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Yup thats right guys as always I seem to get some hockey in a nonstandard season during the year. Nice big tournament as always in Marlboro, MA.

Here are a select few checking shots. Will be posting goalie and other action in a bit. Enjoy!!

GCB_4754.

GCB_3877.

GCB_4129.

2. I can hear the impact on No. 3, nice one

3. gotta love youth hockey in massachusetts
    fantastic shots

great thread
    seeing these guys on the ice almost makes me feel a bit COOLER :biggrin:

4. Best part is it brings in teams from all around the country. We had a team from the Ft Myers area in this one. I normally see a team or 2 from FL as well as some TX and CA teams. Many different states at some and a lot of Canadian teams as well as it should be.

5. kwf1

kwf1

Nov 15, 2007
    S. Florida
    Nice shot Geoff, you really captured the intensity of the game.

So, that is what ice looks like. :)  Down here the only hockey that is played is on rollerblades.

Bert

6. Bert down by you it is, but the rest of Florida has a few teams. :biggrin:

7. Nice Geoff, those house strobes do a great job...

8. Soem nice checkign shots, you are the smartest poster her, you are shooting indoors while the rest of us struggle with the heat and humidity

9. Chris that they do, we have them dialed in pretty good. Somebody did some work to them since Ive been away, figure I was dialed in at ISO 200 1/250th, f5 for 3 of the 5 rinks I shot on. Luckily I only had to cover 2 rinks all day so no change of settings. But did shoot a few on the other 3 as well.

Thanks Mike, this was actually a last minute change for me. I was supposed to be at the U16 Babe Ruth Softball World Series in Pittsfield, MA but plans changed.

One of the refs came up to me and said that I must be at the lower end of the list (ie working inside), I said I could be outside, here its nice and cool.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.