Hockey

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Hockey_Nut, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Shot this team for my buddy who is the head coach ... the team is heading to the semis next weekend. Tough lighting conditions in the rink affectionately known as "The Barn". All shot with the D700 + 300 2.8.

1. Just missed on the timing ... pad save but the puck moved out of the frame :frown:

1215526313_NkPjU-X2.

2. Just like the perspective of this shot

1215526320_JUYbS-X2.

3. Notice the other player getting rubbed out along the boards?

1215526710_4w3JL-X2.

4. Turning up ice with the puck after a turnover.

1215528616_6mX7C-X2.

5. Looking to make the pass ... very efficient dman

1215528685_DHMz5-X2.

6. A bit 'o stick flex.

1215530097_GVXTS-X2.

7. Winger gets the puck during a breakout.

1215527918_Uzc7b-X2.

Thanks for looking.

Brent

2. kixsand

kixsand

Nov 13, 2009
    Toronto
    Having tried several times to shoot hockey in poorly lit arenas....I love these! Very nice.

Especially, #2...by far the best shot of the series!!

Well done!

3. Very nice Brent ....
    and yes # 2 is something special ...

ron

4. Hey Darren & Ron,

Thanks for the feedback! I just wish I didn't cut off the player's foot in #2 but that's the price I paid for using the 300 from the penalty box.

Thanks for looking.

Brent

5. Martytoof

Martytoof

Sep 21, 2010
    Ontario
    Love the shots. Perhaps what I'm more amazed by, however, is two goalies in the same game wearing old school KoHo 590s (from the looks of it!) -- by far my favourite pads ever made :)

6. Very nice series Brent puck or no puck I am digging number 1

7. Geez, how's that for noticing details??? Good eye.

Thanks for looking.

Brent

8. Hey Mike,

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

Take care,

Brent

9. Great set Brent! Loving the eyes in #7, the save in #1, the contact in #3 and the good stick flex shot too! Well done, thanks for sharing.

10. sprdv1

sprdv1

Oct 22, 2010
    Missouri
    #1 is still a great shot! Thanks for sharing.

11. Hey Bud,

Thanks for taking a look. Could have used your D3s in this rink! The lighting is simply attrocious.

Take care,

Brent

12. Thanks for taking a look ... got a couple more of the goalie totally spread out ... looked like a walrus flopping on the beach!

Take care,

Brent

13. bcarroll01

bcarroll01

Jan 18, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    Really like the set. I like the rubbing out as I loved doing that when I played.

14. Martytoof

Martytoof

Sep 21, 2010
    Ontario
    Trust me, when there is goalie equipment involved I become a pixel peeper ;)

15. Hey Bryan,

Thanks for checking out the photos. The first time I looked at the shot I thought the player had grown an extra pair of arms. This is also a no contact league .. go figure.

Take care,

Brent

16. Hey,

You'll like this one then ... I grew up in the Eastern Townships of Quebec (about an hour southeast of Montreal) so by default I was a Habs fan ... Lafleur, Shutt, Robinson, Dryden era. My friend's dad was a sportscaster for a radio station in Montreal and he had picked up some game worn/used items over the years. So my friend asked if I wanted a Ken Dryden goalie stick ... hell, ya. So I paid him $5 for this stick used by Dryden. A year I moved to Ottawa & I actually USED the stick whenever I played road hockey. When I was fifteen I made a spectacular save and then my kid sister tripped over the stick breaking the blade. Crap. To make matters worse, my father saw the broken stick in the garage and proceeded to cut it and used it to hold up the tomato plants in the garden!

How's that for a story about goalie equipment?

Oh, shortly after the stick fiasco I saw the light and became a Leafs fan! :biggrin:

Take care,

Brent

17. bcarroll01

bcarroll01

Jan 18, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    When I was in squirts (no checking also) we didn't let the no checking rule stop us at some games.:biggrin:

18. Nice! Looks like you nailed the WB.

Curious...how did you set it? Off the ice or a grey card? I'm shooting hockey this weekend and want to make sure I get it right

19. Hey Chris,

Thanks for stopping to look ..

Take care,

Brent

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.