Hockey

Shot this team for my buddy who is the head coach ... the team is heading to the semis next weekend. Tough lighting conditions in the rink affectionately known as "The Barn". All shot with the D700 + 300 2.8.

1. Just missed on the timing ... pad save but the puck moved out of the frame :frown:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Just like the perspective of this shot

3. Notice the other player getting rubbed out along the boards?

4. Turning up ice with the puck after a turnover.

5. Looking to make the pass ... very efficient dman

6. A bit 'o stick flex.

7. Winger gets the puck during a breakout.

Thanks for looking.

Brent

Having tried several times to shoot hockey in poorly lit arenas....I love these! Very nice.

Especially, #2...by far the best shot of the series!!

Well done!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Darren & Ron,

Thanks for the feedback! I just wish I didn't cut off the player's foot in #2 but that's the price I paid for using the 300 from the penalty box.

Thanks for looking.

Brent

Love the shots. Perhaps what I'm more amazed by, however, is two goalies in the same game wearing old school KoHo 590s (from the looks of it!) -- by far my favourite pads ever made :)

Great set Brent! Loving the eyes in #7, the save in #1, the contact in #3 and the good stick flex shot too! Well done, thanks for sharing.

Hey Bryan,

Thanks for checking out the photos. The first time I looked at the shot I thought the player had grown an extra pair of arms. This is also a no contact league .. go figure.

Take care,

Brent

Really like the set. I like the rubbing out as I loved doing that when I played.

Hey,

You'll like this one then ... I grew up in the Eastern Townships of Quebec (about an hour southeast of Montreal) so by default I was a Habs fan ... Lafleur, Shutt, Robinson, Dryden era. My friend's dad was a sportscaster for a radio station in Montreal and he had picked up some game worn/used items over the years. So my friend asked if I wanted a Ken Dryden goalie stick ... hell, ya. So I paid him $5 for this stick used by Dryden. A year I moved to Ottawa & I actually USED the stick whenever I played road hockey. When I was fifteen I made a spectacular save and then my kid sister tripped over the stick breaking the blade. Crap. To make matters worse, my father saw the broken stick in the garage and proceeded to cut it and used it to hold up the tomato plants in the garden!

How's that for a story about goalie equipment?

Oh, shortly after the stick fiasco I saw the light and became a Leafs fan! :biggrin:

Take care,

Brent

Trust me, when there is goalie equipment involved I become a pixel peeper ;)

Hey Bryan,

Thanks for checking out the photos. The first time I looked at the shot I thought the player had grown an extra pair of arms. This is also a no contact league .. go figure.

Take care,

Brent
When I was in squirts (no checking also) we didn't let the no checking rule stop us at some games.:biggrin:

Nice! Looks like you nailed the WB.

Curious...how did you set it? Off the ice or a grey card? I'm shooting hockey this weekend and want to make sure I get it right

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom