Hockey

Hey Murphy,

Thanks for taking a look at the shots.

As for the WB, I normally set the shutter speed to 1/30th and do a custom preset off the ice so it just acts like a big grey card. Most of the rinks that I shoot in, with the exception of this one, I'm able to shoot at ISO 2500, 1/500 or 1/640, 2.8 & I might even dial in +.33 ev as well.

Hope this helps.

Brent

Nice! Looks like you nailed the WB.

Curious...how did you set it? Off the ice or a grey card? I'm shooting hockey this weekend and want to make sure I get it right

Ouch, I know so many people who would be teary eyed at this story ;)

I won a stick autographed by Patrick Lalime a few years back. I kind of put it aside but then I realized I didn't really care about Lalime at all, and the stick was actually worth more to me as a stick in my regular rotation. Though if it was a Patrick Roy or Carey Price I might have had some second thoughts ;)

Cheers!

Hey,
[stick story]

Brent

A buddy of mine who played in the NHL is best friends with Lalime ... I can see if he can get you a couple more sticks to add to your rotation. :biggrin:

Take care,

Brent

Ouch, I know so many people who would be teary eyed at this story ;)

I won a stick autographed by Patrick Lalime a few years back. I kind of put it aside but then I realized I didn't really care about Lalime at all, and the stick was actually worth more to me as a stick in my regular rotation. Though if it was a Patrick Roy or Carey Price I might have had some second thoughts ;)

Cheers!

Since the other Patrick was my idol growing up, it's only natural that I thought using his stick would grant me some superhuman goalie skills!

Sadly the way I've been playing this past week I think I should check to see if my stick still has holes or whether the autograph just burned right through. That would explain a lot of tonight's goals ;)

You could shoot the 14-24mm on an FX body through my fivehole and still not see either goal pad ;)

But that reminds me, I need to go shoot some hockey soon. Going to be hard now that most of the leagues are shutting down for the spring/summer.

Hockey never ends here in Ottawa& I'm sure it's the case in many areas. Spring leagues or 4 v. 4 leagues are really big here so Toronto should be the same. I just shot the championship game for the team in this thread so I'm hoping to post some extra photos soon.

That's a pretty big five hole you have - did you ever go to the Jim Ralph goalie academy????

Take care,

Brent

Hockey never really ends here either, but there's a lot more opportunity to shoot it in the winter. I the summer I'm too busy playing hockey to look for other leagues still running, though I imagine that shouldn't be too hard.

Haven't taken any training, I'm all self taught. One of these days I'm going to spring for a decent on-ice clinic, but I've got my eye on a new 70-200 first ;)

At 32 I'm hoping to just coast in my hockey career without any significant injuries at this point. I've pretty much come to grips with the fact that I'll never win the Stanley Cup :p

Latest threads

Top Bottom