Hogan D3 guide

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by BostonRott, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Got mine in the mail today......after ordering on Monday. :biggrin::biggrin: Not sure when I will get much reading in, the baby hasn't been kind lately......but at least its here. :smile:

2. thanks for reminding me, gretchen
    i just paypaled my order...

i can't wait to get mine

3. Excellent Greg! :smile: I can't wait to see what kind of PS Actions are on the disk. :smile: BTW.....marathon OR broken by 3 minutes! WOW! :biggrin:

4. Ack! I've been waiting a while for an announcement of the D3 manual -- must've missed it somehow. Thanks for the info and I'll be trotting off to order mine pronto! I've really gotten a lot from his earlier manuals and I expect no less from this one!

5. 3 mins....
    unreal
    this has been some olympics
    i'm really going to be going through withdrawal in a few hours.... :frown:

6. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

Gretchen, thanks for the heads up. Like Connie, I missed the announcement of the D3 guide. I'm sure it will be on par with his other stuff. Going to order it now.

7. Connie and Glenn,

Enjoy! :smile: (And disregard the note on the site that says it will take 4 weeks!). :tongue:

8. MikeA

MikeA

Aug 26, 2007
    Left coast, USA
    Copying text from the e-Book to the clipboard

My copy arrived yesterday. I found Adobe Reader 7 (running under Win XP) crashing when I would close the PDF file, so I installed Reader 9. (Thanks, Adobe, for un-installing v.7 without asking me even though I used different installation directories entirely).

First I thought there's some bug in v.9 that prevents copying text to the clipboard. I uninstalled v.9 and found a Reader 8 installer on the web, then installed it. I'm not sorry I did -- it is noticeably faster to launch and display than v.9.

But copying text to the clipboard still isn't working.

To anyone using Reader 8 or 9 under Win XP: are you able to highlight text in the D3 .pdf file, and copy it to the clipboard? I wrote to Hogan asking if he'd flipped a bit in making the PDF file, such that copying is disabled. I would be surprised if he has time to reply, though -- he must get huge amounts of e-mail...

9. jhwalker

jhwalker

Jun 10, 2008
    United States
    I would be surprised if he *hadn't* flipped the bit to prevent copying.

10. Since I am on a Mac this presumably won't be an issue for me but I'm glad to have the heads-up nonetheless!

11. MikeA

MikeA

Aug 26, 2007
    Left coast, USA
    Perhaps he did. Maybe he'll reply about it. If he did flip that bit, I would have preferred to have a brief note about it in the docs (I searched for the word "clipboard" and didn't find it). I could understand this -- preventing easy copying of entire sections and transferring them to someone who hadn't bought the e-book. Then again, anyone can easily take a screen-shot of the entire screen, then pass it along as a JPEG, so preventing copying to the clipboard would not fully prevent piracy. At any rate, I had hoped to copy to the clipboard a URL (his "errata" page) that appears to be a non-working link, then paste it into mail I planned to send him. It would have been convenient and there'd be no chance of my mis-typing the URL -- and surely that could be considered "fair use" (in copyright-law terms). Oh, well. Not some major disaster though. Just an inconvenience...

12. Thanks for the post Gretchen! I too have been waiting and missed the announcement. Ordered late last night. Can't wait!

13. yes....
    i'm sure that's exactly what did (and should do)

14. MikeA

MikeA

Aug 26, 2007
    Left coast, USA
    He did, with a brief note to say that he has never permitted copying to the clipboard from his e-books. Fair enough. (A short note about this wouldn't have been an entirely bad idea, but anyway, at least it's confirmed.)

15. post

My copy arrived this morning in the UK.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.