Hogan D3 guide

Got mine in the mail today......after ordering on Monday. :biggrin::biggrin: Not sure when I will get much reading in, the baby hasn't been kind lately......but at least its here. :smile:

Excellent Greg! :smile: I can't wait to see what kind of PS Actions are on the disk. :smile: BTW.....marathon OR broken by 3 minutes! WOW! :biggrin:

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
Gretchen, thanks for the heads up. Like Connie, I missed the announcement of the D3 guide. I'm sure it will be on par with his other stuff. Going to order it now.

Copying text from the e-Book to the clipboard

My copy arrived yesterday. I found Adobe Reader 7 (running under Win XP) crashing when I would close the PDF file, so I installed Reader 9. (Thanks, Adobe, for un-installing v.7 without asking me even though I used different installation directories entirely).

First I thought there's some bug in v.9 that prevents copying text to the clipboard. I uninstalled v.9 and found a Reader 8 installer on the web, then installed it. I'm not sorry I did -- it is noticeably faster to launch and display than v.9.

But copying text to the clipboard still isn't working.

To anyone using Reader 8 or 9 under Win XP: are you able to highlight text in the D3 .pdf file, and copy it to the clipboard? I wrote to Hogan asking if he'd flipped a bit in making the PDF file, such that copying is disabled. I would be surprised if he has time to reply, though -- he must get huge amounts of e-mail...

My copy arrived yesterday. I found Adobe Reader 7 (running under Win XP) crashing when I would close the PDF file, so I installed Reader 9. (Thanks, Adobe, for un-installing v.7 without asking me even though I used different installation directories entirely).

First I thought there's some bug in v.9 that prevents copying text to the clipboard. I uninstalled v.9 and found a Reader 8 installer on the web, then installed it. I'm not sorry I did -- it is noticeably faster to launch and display than v.9.

But copying text to the clipboard still isn't working.

To anyone using Reader 8 or 9 under Win XP: are you able to highlight text in the D3 .pdf file, and copy it to the clipboard? I wrote to Hogan asking if he'd flipped a bit in making the PDF file, such that copying is disabled. I would be surprised if he has time to reply, though -- he must get huge amounts of e-mail...

I would be surprised if he *hadn't* flipped the bit to prevent copying.

I would be surprised if he *hadn't* flipped the bit to prevent copying.

Perhaps he did. Maybe he'll reply about it. If he did flip that bit, I would have preferred to have a brief note about it in the docs (I searched for the word "clipboard" and didn't find it). I could understand this -- preventing easy copying of entire sections and transferring them to someone who hadn't bought the e-book. Then again, anyone can easily take a screen-shot of the entire screen, then pass it along as a JPEG, so preventing copying to the clipboard would not fully prevent piracy. At any rate, I had hoped to copy to the clipboard a URL (his "errata" page) that appears to be a non-working link, then paste it into mail I planned to send him. It would have been convenient and there'd be no chance of my mis-typing the URL -- and surely that could be considered "fair use" (in copyright-law terms). Oh, well. Not some major disaster though. Just an inconvenience...

Thanks for the post Gretchen! I too have been waiting and missed the announcement. Ordered late last night. Can't wait!

Perhaps he did. Maybe he'll reply about it.

He did, with a brief note to say that he has never permitted copying to the clipboard from his e-books. Fair enough. (A short note about this wouldn't have been an entirely bad idea, but anyway, at least it's confirmed.)

My copy arrived this morning in the UK.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom