1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hoggstabbe

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Hovmod, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Hovmod

Hovmod

Aug 11, 2008
    Norway
    I don't know what a hoggstabbe is in English. It's the big piece of wood you put the small pieces of wood on when you chop wood.
    This axe sits in the hoggstabbe:

3824113416_ced22aeb67_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    We call it the "chopping block". That term also has idiomatic connotations: something that will lead to liquidation, as in the company is losing money, so our jobs are on the chopping block. Judging by the intense blue background, this must be more of that velvia, eh?

3. Hovmod

Hovmod

Aug 11, 2008
    Norway
    Ah! Of course.
    And yes, that's more of the velvia, helped by the 85mm.
    I just saw all the slides on the wall using my dad's old Leitz, and this scanning business really doesn't do them justice at all. Which makes me wonder about the b&w neg scans as well. I don't think I'll want to scan and print, I'll want to make proper copy.

4. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    It looks like something the headsman would use for an execution in medieval times. (with a bigger axe:eek: )

Great detail in both the log and the axe. Love the color.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.