Hoku and Rudolph Impromptu Christmas Shoot

I was at the pet store to pick up some dog shampoo and saw they had Christmas dog toys and got an idea to do a photo shoot. I went home and gave my dog, Hoku, a bath and got the studio up and running. I was excited to play with my new lights, two Profoto Compact 300R's. So here are the results of Hoku and Rudolph's Impromptu Christmas Shoot.......

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

In the first few she doesn't seem very happy to be sharing space with Rudolph, but they got better and better as I scrolled down. The last 3 are terrific - I think 8 is my favorite, but I confess I was a teeny bit distracted by the length of her nails. Have you ever tried trimming them? Okay, that has nothing to do with photography, but having really long nails can be hard on their paws because they lean back on their pads and get tendon (or something) issues sometimes. Just a thought from one dog lover to another.

Anyway, your images are wonderful.
Karen

In the first few she doesn't seem very happy to be sharing space with Rudolph, but they got better and better as I scrolled down. The last 3 are terrific - I think 8 is my favorite, but I confess I was a teeny bit distracted by the length of her nails. Have you ever tried trimming them? Okay, that has nothing to do with photography, but having really long nails can be hard on their paws because they lean back on their pads and get tendon (or something) issues sometimes. Just a thought from one dog lover to another.

Anyway, your images are wonderful.
Karen
Actually I trimmed them about two weeks ago, but I do need to trim them more. The noticed it too in the photos.

Thanks for the comments. She hates the camera but the new toy (Rudolph) helped.

Is she ever beautiful.

-43 windchill here tonight and forcast for tomorrow as well. Guess I should try for some indoor shots of the dogs because I am not going outside!

Marlene

Thanks. I am happy how they came out for just messing around and suprised my dog let me get the shots. She obey's pretty good but she has always hated the camera.

Wow, these are awesome! You really caught her personality -- she looks like such a character! #s4 & 10 are my faves, but they are all very good.

Very cute dog! Yes, those ears perked back like that...she sure wasn't happy! She needs treats to reward her for patience for posing the camera,,that might get her ears more forward. :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom