1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Holding on for dear life!

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by tektite, Sep 7, 2008.

1. tektite

tektite

Jan 23, 2006
    SE NH
    Found this hopper after watering the lawn. Gary

[​IMG]

2. Nice capture!!! You made it not look so gross.
    Those bugs are so gross & nasty. I don't miss the summers of grasshopper infestations in the midwest!

3. lisa_h

lisa_h

Sep 6, 2008
    New England
    W
    O
    W

This is fantastic. Which macro are you using? I have the nikkor 60mm 2/8---- it's one of my faves--- not great for sneaking up on bugs and definitely even worse for sneaking up on bugs w/ the D700, lol.

4. tektite

tektite

Jan 23, 2006
    SE NH
    Thanks Kim and Lisa,
    Only seen a few hoppers this Summer. Plenty of dragonflies.
    I'm using the Nikon 105 VR plus 1.4 TC. and a SB600 flash with diffuser.

Happy shooting, Gary

5. Very cool image, very sharp.
    "I'm using the Nikon 105 VR plus 1.4 TC. and a SB600 flash with diffuser."
    So close, Looks like you used tubes.

6. tektite

tektite

Jan 23, 2006
    SE NH
    Hello Tom,
    No tubes but I'm thinking of getting some. How well do the Kenko tubes work?
    Gary

7. I get great use out of the kenkos, they have a lot of slack in there connections, but it is something you get use to, and is a trade off verse nikon, to have AF. If you put enough tubes on, i would guess depending the lens, you can trap shoot, which come in handy for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.